Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Footwell Leak now suspension air dumped.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
paddingtonfire

England 
Footwell Leak now suspension air dumped.

Morning All,

I've trawled the site to try and find out if my two issues are linked but to no avail. My car is an 05 HSE.

A few weeks ago I had the water drip out of the A post going on after rain, and subsequently found the foot wells were sodden. I've dealt with the leak and completely dried the damp out, but the loom did run through it and it's made me wonder if it's led to the problem that came up yesterday.

My suspension ever since having the car has occasionally thrown up a suspension fault but had gone away and the car was always functioning correctly. In more recent times, i.e. the last 2 months or so I've heard the compressor working for 30-40 seconds, sometimes also intermittently while driving. Obviously I knew a problem was there so I crawled underneath and noticed the rear O/S air suspension strut has a hole in it, which I'll now get sorted.

I'm no wonder-mechanic and it doesn't take a genius to work out that the compressor was working to remedy the leak, but yesterday I don't hear it anymore, and get a Suspension Fault message, and another that says it'll work again when the system cools down? Special Programs Off message too.

She's currently sitting right down and driving back yesterday felt like road springs.

I'd appreciate any assistance here before I hand over to a garage, and apologies as I'm sure it's covered elsewhere in this great place, but I cannot find it.

Last Q, is the car safe to drive in the meantime?

Any parts references and pictures also appreciated...

Thanks in advance, Mike

Post #18428571st Aug 2017 7:35 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >