Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Judder on braking and acceleration
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
nichop

United Kingdom 
Judder on braking and acceleration

Guys, I've recently started getting judder under braking which has been progressively getting worse. I had new front disks and pads fitted. Rears were also checked and all fine however, this made no difference.
Just left for a trip to the South of France and its worse than ever. First few miles it isn't there but then, once on the motorway, even slight braking and its there. It feels like there is a tiny amount there even when not braking but, can't be 100% sure.
I'm also starting to get the dreaded judder when accelerating off roundabouts and also, when accelerating uphill, the judder seems to be there quite bad as well. A year ago I had judder off roundabouts but the addition of Dr Tranny seemed to fix it but, seems like its now coming back but is also there Accelerating hard up hills on motorway.

The combination of judder under both braking and accelerating made me start to question if this might be the torque converter causing both issues. However I still get it on braking when I pop the car is in neutral so, maybe there are two different things going on and they aren't connected ?

What do you think and, is another 1000mile drive back from the South of France advisable ?

Post #18454238th Aug 2017 10:21 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >