Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Time to fill air suspension gallery?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
trots

New Zealand 2013 Discovery 4 TDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
Time to fill air suspension gallery?

Does anyone have a benchmark for the time that the latest (2014 model) AMK compressor should take to get the gallery pressure up to its peak of ~1750 kPa?

Mine’s often cutting out with a U0132-87 (0B) ‘Pressure increases too slow when filling reservoir’ error message.

I’ve leak checked all valve joints and reachable pipes, replaced all o-rings on front & rear valves (one was not seated right and had been deformed, rest could have probably just been cleaned), checked compressor inlet pipe for blockages, swapped out 75A relay, checked for leaks around compressor & reservoir. The compressor appears to be pretty much unserviceable - hex bolts don't hold up to removal attempts.

I’ve clocked it once at 45 seconds to raise from 1255-1360 kPa, another time of 80 seconds to raise from 1360 to 1515 kPa. Compressor sometimes keeps going until hitting ~125C, and I guess heat overload then kicks in, other times the amber suspension light comes on far earlier.

Seems slow, but I’ve nothing to go against and don’t want to replace compressor if there’s a chance that is still a sneaky leak somewhere.

Anyone have logs files or details they can share?

Post #183765517th Jul 2017 12:08 pm
trots

Installed new compressor. 60 seconds to get from 1300 - 1760 kpa with a temp increase of 30c. Tip when installing - cut the first few threads into the compressor casing with the suspension feet bolts without attaching bracket, rubbers and spring, then remove and redo through bracket.

Post #183955622nd Jul 2017 12:33 am
Cosmo1

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Thats excellent you fixed it. I have exactly same symptoms on mine. My discovery already has been changed to AMK compressor and I have new one ready to go in. Can I ask you did you remove compressor and leave mounting bracket on chassis?, or maybe not enough space to bring compressor out.?Did you have any trouble with pipe connections.Did you disconnect battery or remove fuse? What about warning lights on restarting? I took your tip and put holding bolts in pump (cut thread). Thanks for any advice. jBD

Post #183956022nd Jul 2017 4:49 am
trots

Degassed system (else just ease hoses off), removed relay, removed electrical connections and pipework, removed bracket, swapped thermostat wiring over, pipe at front on plastic elbow joint was threaded on old compressor, so cut off the threaded end from hose and inserted directly into the compressor housing. Installed new relay. Took a couple of minutes for whole system to regas from bump stops - 'raising slowly' warning came up, but that was a oncer and since then has been fine. No warning lifhts

Post #183985022nd Jul 2017 9:28 pm
trots

Degassed system (else just ease hoses off), removed relay, removed electrical connections and pipework, removed bracket, swapped thermostat wiring over, pipe at front on plastic elbow joint was threaded on old compressor, so cut off the threaded end from hose and inserted directly into the compressor housing. Reused all other old fittings (used new o-rings). Installed new relay. Took a couple of minutes for whole system to regas from bump stops - 'raising slowly' warning came up, but that was a oncer and since then has been fine. No warning lifhts

Post #183985322nd Jul 2017 9:31 pm
Cosmo1

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Thanks for information. Now each time you drive the confidence level goes up. I'll get a box of O rings from Halfrauds. I don't want to strip it and be left with no transport. ill post results of my attempt when I muster up the confidence. Thank again jbd

Post #183987322nd Jul 2017 10:29 pm
trots

The replacement compressor came with connections, so just swapped out the o-rings from those. The old ones were still probably fine, but thought may as well swap. Checked for leaks before re-attaching bottom cover too.

Post #183990623rd Jul 2017 4:23 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >