Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Discovery 4 Land River Geniune Side Steps
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Shaon

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4
Discovery 4 Land River Geniune Side Steps

Good Day everyone. I am after a set of brand new Discovery 4 Land River Genuine Side Steps and plastic Sill covers, preferably pre cut. Does anyone knows the name of the forum moderators or sponsors who sells or can obtain the goods? Thank you very much in advance.

Post #18223094th Jun 2017 7:32 am
Soldierboy

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

If your wanting genuine ones mate you must have deep pockets as they are a smidge under a grand!! And your man would be dan at duckworth parts But for the exact same steps you can get aftermarket ones probbably made in the exact same factory as the LR ones from the internet for under £200. Thumbs Up

The choice is yours!

I have aftermarket ones on the dealers don't know the difference it's been in 5 times now Thumbs Up
 God created heavy armour on 06 sept 1916, on the 7th the devil stood to attention!
Fuji white D4 MY11 GS 3.0 SDV6 MODS:
SMD LEDS INSIDE, SIDE LIGHTS, REAR FOG AND REVERSE
OEM SIDE STEPS
STAINLESS STEEL SCUFF PLATES
RUBBER MATS
SHORT ROOF BARS
RETROFITTED CC
BLACK HUBS & DUST CAPS
GLOSS BLACK GRILLE, SIDE VENTS AND WHEELS
BLACK BADGES FRONT REAR AND STEERING WHEEL
MUD GUARDS FRONT AND REAR
GLOSS BLACK DOOR HANDLES AND LETTERING 

Post #18224274th Jun 2017 2:02 pm
michael calvert

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Cutting and fitting is reasonably easy. Cill covers are ore marked so cut isn't too bad if a little daunting
 D3 gone
Rrs 3.0 tdv6 hse nara bronze - going
D4 landmark waitimo grey 

Post #18224774th Jun 2017 4:27 pm
stephenw46

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I didn't go for side steps I fitted stainless steel tubes , the same proses though real easy job Thumbs Up

Post #18224824th Jun 2017 4:41 pm
Shaon

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Good Evening Gents,
Thank you for your replies.
I guess I was lucky as managed to purchase a pair of genuine VPLA0035 for £409 on fleabay this morning. With regards to the aftermarket ones, I've bought a pair if AllMakes4x4 (Terrafirma 4x4 parent company) last week which were installed on Saturday. As was at work all weekend could not do them myself and my dear wife insisted in being installed before Monday. Anyways, they are an utter rubbish. Brackets sit a tad too high and too long which in effect creates a gap of about 10mm between the sill covers and the inner edge of the step once installed - so all wholes would have to be re-drilled (elongated). This is half-bad though. The worst thing is the steps themselves - the plastic top is misaligned and not level looks kind of wavy, the metal horizontal platform part of the step is also not straight with 3-4mm off the level.
Then this butcher who calls himself a mechanic just sliced the sills in squares where the brackets cutouts were supposed to be neatly cut. Ended up with cuts being higher than the edge of the step and sill deformed. My wife went loopy and stormed off the garage without paying. Sent me about a 100 photos "cursing" the guy and me for buying this Censored of sidesteps!
Now will have to re-do the job myself, but rather then trying the different aftermarket brand went for originals. Still require sill covers, preferably new ones.

Who would be forum member to go for new sills please?

Once more, thank you very much everyone.

stephenw46: I've got a pair of Land Rover steel tubes in my garage as removed them of my D3 when bought it. Looks good, but steps are for kids. Tubes are useless for me. If anyone is intrested willing to let them go for a nominal price.

Post #18225064th Jun 2017 5:30 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >