Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Numbers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
kenso

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
Numbers

Does anyone know what the numbers that appear for a short time in the total Km LCD SCREEN mean? is it something to do with servicing??? showed it to the LR manager here, he had no idea either!

Cheers Kenso.

PS... got some photos of the flood damage in Esperance, good job you got a snorkel Jamo! Shocked Shocked

Post #12059217th Jan 2007 2:13 am
DiscoAtom

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

If I think you are seeing what I was seing on mine, I believe they are number of days before service. It counts down to 0 then goes negative if you still haven't taken you truck in for servicing.
 '06 Disco 3 TDV6 SE Buckingham Blue  
Post #12059817th Jan 2007 4:12 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Yup thats right No. of days before service and kms. Mine has just done it. The dealer knew what it was.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #12060017th Jan 2007 4:29 am
300+

It is in the book as well.

Mine started the countdown at 3 months and just under 5000KM. Strange as the service isn't due for 10K.

Steve

Post #12081617th Jan 2007 5:15 pm
DiscoAtom

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

The service reminder for mine came up after 6 months (I think) and after I have clocked approx. 10,000 kms. I believe, the service reminder is also based on time.
 '06 Disco 3 TDV6 SE Buckingham Blue  
Post #12088117th Jan 2007 9:00 pm
Jamo

Australia 

I've only ever seen it once, 'cause I always get my services well before the relevant time period has expired. Even still, the days didn't correlate.

Kenso, I went out for a drive in the storm (had to go out for tea as the power was off). All that happened to the car was one of the headight protectors was ripped off!
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #12095317th Jan 2007 11:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
robertpearse

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Dealer tells me that the computor is calculating the K's left plus the tromping from the right foot factor etc. Mine always seems to be ready for servece a couple of thousnad K's before the sticker says it is. This Dealer explination does mystify me rather as 99% of my driving is done at 110Ks/hr on cruise control. So the service levels indicatior seem very over sensisitive or the normal reconmended service levels are rubbish. Any other opinions?

Post #23693323rd Dec 2007 6:45 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
300+

I drive in a "different manner" to you and I have not triggered an early service indicator since my first one. The service manager explained that by saying they set zero time at the delivery inspection, which was a couple of months before I bought mine. So far the light hasn't come one early and the service is due in 3000KM. That is on a V8 which regularly uses all 300 available BHP Twisted Evil

Steve

Post #23693523rd Dec 2007 6:57 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >