Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

An Aussie view of the Daily Mail
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
al cope

England 

whats wrong with the Sunday Sport - afterall they were the only ones to report that London Bus left parked on the moon. None of the others got that story Laughing

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #18228635th Jun 2017 4:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Fair enough, must have missed that. He has a point - some probably would have voted for Hitler: they have a large readership so some are likely to fit in to that group. I'd not go so far as to say any given reader was likely to have voted that way, however, as was suggested in that post.

so if we're going down the path of using tenuous statistics to 'prove' a theory does that mean someRange Rover Sport TDV8 drivers are complete Censored s given they have a large ownership so some are likely to fit into that group

I'd not go so far as to say that though Whistle Laughing

Post #18228815th Jun 2017 4:33 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Yes, some will be just as some Disco drivers will be, and some BMW drivers and some Audi drivers etc. That's the point.

If you wish to think that I am such a person, fair enough, makes no difference to me. Thumbs Up
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #18228885th Jun 2017 4:41 pm
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I don't drive any of them so, statistically, I'm OK Thumbs Up

Post #18228955th Jun 2017 4:52 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

I included "etc." just to make sure all choices were included... Wink
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #18230655th Jun 2017 9:09 pm
Florafauna

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

I'd just like to clarify the Hitler voting comment I made...

When he was elected in the early 30's he did not go round saying he was a homicidal maniac bent on death and destruction. No, that would have been too easy to spot.

Hitler said that foreigners (and jews in his case) were ruining the country.

Exactly what the Daily Mail is saying.

Germany in the early 30's had been through the years of hyper inflation and was in the grip of the world economic slump. Desperate people who are struggling are easier to convince than prosperous ones.

There is a section of society today who have seen globalisation pass them by. Globalisation, which has produced vast wealth, has been basically hoovered up by the rich (look at the USA in particular), leaving this section of society bitter and feeling neglected.
Add in the financial crisis of 2008 in which the rich came away unscathed, while this section of society has taken the full effect and you can see why they are angry.

They read the Daily Mail which feeds the anger and gives them something and someone to blame. The EU and foreigners.

Its not surprising. Its also wrong.

I dont 'blame' or want to 'abuse' Daily Mail readers. It is obvious why they are angry. The political elite has ignored them and they have taken their revenge.

As far as I can see, it will only get worse from here and I believe the Daily Mail will be at the forefront of laying the blame squarely on foreigners, muslims and liberals.

You probably think this is all very patronising but to me it is simply the explanation of where this country is today.

Have a lovely evening - I'm off to get another glass of wine...

Very Happy
 MegaSTUPID BREXIT
D4 XS MY12 Orkney Grey - nice!
996 turbo cab - a dream come true
VXR220 - Epic Track Car
D2 - V8 - Agricultural bankruptcy but what fun! - Long gone but missed 

Post #18230675th Jun 2017 9:11 pm
FISHBOY

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

In defence of the DM - it does have good Saturday TV guide and also excels as a firelighter for a sunday BBQ Razz
 Last of the D4 HSE...  
Post #18231926th Jun 2017 9:18 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Florafauna wrote:

You probably think this is all very patronising but to me it is simply the explanation of where this country is today.

Have a lovely evening - I'm off to get another glass of wine...

Very Happy

Chardonnay I presume. Laughing
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #18235347th Jun 2017 2:03 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >