Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Air con controls
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Lolabear

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3
Air con controls

Hi everyone... I'm picking up my disco 3 in a week. Smile It's hse and has rear air con option with roof vents and controls. My question is .... how do the rear air con controls work? When I tried them with sales guy it seemed to just blow air not to cold either, and no matter what I altered on rear roof controls nothing changed. Is there a control on front main panel that overrides the rear controls ect? Or just broken? The garage is going to look at it but I don't really want them removing trim ect if there is no need. And I know they will only use a local mechanic who may not be to familiar with these beasts. I must admit what a great car to drive tho I can't wait to join you all...thanks in advance

LB

Post #182116031st May 2017 9:08 pm
plocker

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

You have a button in the front with a picture of the rear on. Press it so the top light is illuminated and the rear will mirror the front controls. Press again so the light kn the bottom is on and it will take its control from the roof in the back. Press is again no lights should be on and the rear system is off. Thumbs Up
 05 V8 HSE Bonatti Grey  
Post #182118931st May 2017 10:09 pm
plocker

Welcome by the way.

If you search on here re rear air con alot get blanked off due to corrosion. Mine is blanked off but then I never sit in the back Laughing
 05 V8 HSE Bonatti Grey  
Post #182119131st May 2017 10:11 pm
bimblephish

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Mine are still working, is there anything I can do to prevent the corrosion?

Post #182119731st May 2017 10:38 pm
Lolabear

Hi peeps...Thanks plocker that's exactly what I needed... I have a feeling that there is an issue with another part of the air con as it isn't that cold.. I have requested this is sorted as it was a deal breaker for me to have rear at con for the kids and I traveld 100 miles to view this model which looks pretty tidy and not knocked about. I have a 3 month warranty which is from the garage itself not a national one ( which I had a horrible experience with a Saab 95 areo) . Is the air con on these cars very cold as iv been told?

Thanks LB

Post #182121031st May 2017 11:02 pm
lynalldiscovery

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

bimblephish wrote:
Mine are still working, is there anything I can do to prevent the corrosion?

Yes aerosol motorcycle chain lube and spray all the rear air con pipes especially the ones that run down the nearside of the car, the majority of the alloy pipe is foam covered and doesnt seem to suffer, but a few inches either sid of each joint the pipe is bare and this is where they seem to corrode and fail.
Do once a year and it will be good, alos do the rear brake pipes as well.

You can do all the ones over the rear axles with the susp in off road mode from over the top of the rear tyres, the ones that run along the inner sill need you to poke your head underneath and an axle stand is essential.

Post #18212491st Jun 2017 7:18 am
lynalldiscovery

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Lolabear wrote:
Hi peeps...Thanks plocker that's exactly what I needed... I have a feeling that there is an issue with another part of the air con as it isn't that cold.. I have requested this is sorted as it was a deal breaker for me to have rear at con for the kids and I traveld 100 miles to view this model which looks pretty tidy and not knocked about. I have a 3 month warranty which is from the garage itself not a national one ( which I had a horrible experience with a Saab 95 areo) . Is the air con on these cars very cold as iv been told?

Thanks LB

Simple check with rear ra/c running, run your hand along the inner sill under the passenger rear door and you will feel the foam pipe covering then a bare section of pipe, one of the two pipes (the larger one) should be cold.
I would say its just std cold air con not especially freezing but it does the job, dark coloured cars will have a harder time of it initially cooling down.

Post #18212501st Jun 2017 7:21 am
Lolabear

Thanks for the tips... so I'm guessing that with a car cabin area that big and if I didn't have rear air con, you would have a hard time trying to cool the rear passengers with just the standard setup. Especially in a dark colour. Interesting stuff... I'm glad I found one with the option now... thanks Thumbs Up

Post #18212511st Jun 2017 7:36 am
plocker

Lolabear wrote:

Thanks LB

It will more than likely be leaking from rear aircon pipes or the condenser, do a search on here you will find many having new condensers around the 10 year old mark.
 05 V8 HSE Bonatti Grey  
Post #18213341st Jun 2017 11:43 am
Lolabear

Thanks again ... hopefully get that issue sorted out before I take ownership Thumbs Up

Post #18214961st Jun 2017 7:24 pm
Lolabear

Just noticed v8 petrol and grey... well jell Mr. Green

I'm sure there will come a time very soon when governments will not allow us to own such beasts ... so until that day comes .....

LB

Post #18215411st Jun 2017 8:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >