Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Riddle me this?..! P0046-00(6C) ESF once then runs fine?!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
timmyt79

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Riddle me this?..! P0046-00(6C) ESF once then runs fine?!

So The saga continues...as per previous posts im still battling with the dreaded esf/limp mode and p0046 codes.
Gave the actuator arm a whole lotta' lube (a can of wd40 Rolling with laughter Whistle ) a manual working with my tool Whistle and a good blast with brake cleaner to clear any gunk away followed finally by a liberal coating of High temperature Ceramic grease (spray).
Car seemed to respond very well to this and stopped going into limp home mode whenever 2k revs was reached..great i thought...until eventually the dreaded limp mode happened again Censored
So carried on driving,gave it lots of beans as was slightly Censored off at this point and was ready to drive home and order a new turbo and spit and curse the Censored car whilst removing the old one via wheel arch on drive Big Cry
Anyway as i was giving it some,at any minute waiting for it to shut down,i was surprised at how lively she was and that she did NOT shut down at all on the way home Thumbs Up So winner i think to myself,maybe it was a good thrashing she needed! Rolling with laughter
Next day took her out again and yep you guessed it.... Censored ESF.....so carried on and yep,guess again NO ESF for rest of day?!
Next trip,same again,and continues to do the same......

So does anyone have any ideas?Each time this happens car is running from cold,warming up a bit,first real bit of engine acceleration....Boing..ESF/limp mode....into neutral...back into drive...carry on...doesnt happen again all trip even when giving full beans?
(may be a coincidence but i also lose ability to use cruise control after esf)
Fault codes always read the same...ONLY P0046 code..nothing else engine wise.

My thoughts have wondered if maybe the MAF is faulty and under first hard acceleration is throwing a wobbly,causing esf but is resetting itself to a 'default' reading after that (if this is at all possible) therefore not causing any further faults to occur? (at idle my MAF is showing a steady 18g/s)

I have a new intercooler ready to fit and have already changed the two big hoses for silicone ones (will do the smaller when i change intercooler) Could a split intercooler cause this strange fault?

Any help or opinion gratefully received! Bow down

Post #181555816th May 2017 12:23 pm
timmyt79

No one? Big Cry

Post #181575316th May 2017 7:07 pm
carbore

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Sounds like this thread ?

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic86928.html

Post #181740721st May 2017 3:41 pm
timmyt79

Thanks for input,you are right in that my symptoms are very similar..will be changing my inter cooler next week,I'll see if that makes any difference,if not then I'll order a MAF sensor and go from there Thumbs Up

Post #181744321st May 2017 5:33 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >