Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Disco Fart
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Steve916

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
Disco Fart

All of a sudden, now when I lock my car, the suspension doesn't lower and I don't hear the 'Disco Fart' anymore. All suspension controls work fine but it just stopped lowering on locking.
Have I inadvertently switched something off?
I've searched various suspension threads but can't find this.

Post #185276731st Aug 2017 1:00 pm
LaserTam

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

I thought the fart was part of the self levelling process. Are you parking it in the same place, maybe it doesn't need to level? <non>
 MY2012 D4 HSE Nara Bronze with some extra stuff  
Post #185277731st Aug 2017 1:24 pm
Steve916

Ah ok, could be that. I'm parking on the drive where it used to do that. I'll try in a different place cheers

Post #185278231st Aug 2017 1:27 pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 

"Disco fart". Love it! Laughing
 2011 - 2015: 3 x FL2
2015 - 2017: 2 x D4
2017 to date: FFRR SDV8
2023 to date: FL2 as a second car

2021 to date: Hinckley built ‘14 Triumph Trophy 1200
2022 to date: Hinckley built ‘14 Triumph Trophy 1200 & sidecar!
(One of only two known to exist in the world!) 

Post #185278331st Aug 2017 1:29 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

always thought the exhaust valve opens to release the excess air out of the compressor so it's not under constant pressure when it gets to the selected height

could blocked silica do this and prevent the relief valve from opening

didn't realise it could lower on locking the vehicle

also thought that was a funny description Rolling with laughter

Post #185279931st Aug 2017 2:24 pm
Steve916

Since owning the car for a couple of weeks now, every time I have parked in front of my garage and locked the car, it farts and lowers slightly. Then when I start it up next I can feel and see it rising again.
I read about the 'Disco Fart' on here. Thought it was an internationally recognised phrase Very Happy

Post #185280331st Aug 2017 2:41 pm
DavidSally

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

I've heard of this but I don't think it's normal. Like a nagging wife maybe your Disco is too old now for PMT lol 😂. Mine is.

Post #185280631st Aug 2017 3:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Steve916 wrote:
Since owning the car for a couple of weeks now, every time I have parked in front of my garage and locked the car, it farts and lowers slightly. Then when I start it up next I can feel and see it rising again.
I read about the 'Disco Fart' on here. Thought it was an internationally recognised phrase Very Happy

hi steve

when the engine is turned off it should indeed hiss to release the excess pressure

found this and see u can program the keyfob, inc about the suspension , not sure if that's what u mean ,

if u don't hear the hiss anymore maybe the exhaust valve is blocked ??

Program the key fob 'Land Rover' button

The Land Rover button of Discovery 3's key fob (bottom of the 3 buttons, with the 'Land Rover' logo on it) can be programmed to do one of four things - trigger the panic alarm; turn on the 'follow-me-home' headlights; raise or lower the suspension; or release the upper-rear tailgate.

To set the panic alarm, insert the key in to the ignition (position two) and then remove the key from the ignition. Immediately after, hold down the Land Rover button on the key fob whilst pressing the hazard warning light button on the dashboard.

To set the remote to turn on the headlights, insert the key to position two and then remove it. Hold down the Land Rover button on the key fob whilst flashing the headlights (by pulling the headlight control stalk). The amount of time the lights remain on for depends on the headlamp delay setting (which can be changed within the Settings menu of the digital display).

To set the remote to raise or lower the air suspension, turn off the engine and remove the key. Within one minute, press and hold the Land Rover button on the key fob whilst pressing the air suspension control lever on the Terrain Response area of the centre console (to either position, up or down). The suspension can then be adjusted using the remote key fob. The hazard warning lights must first be turned on and all doors closed. To raise the suspension, hold down the Land Rover button whilst pressing and holding the lock button. To lower the suspension, hold down the Land Rover button whilst pressing and holding the unlock button.

To set the remote to release the tailgate, press and hold the Land Rover button on the fob and then release the tailgate (either by opening in outside or by pressing the Lock and Unlock buttons on the dashboard together).

Once the remote has been successfully programmed, the vehicle will 'bong' to confirm.

Post #185281431st Aug 2017 3:24 pm
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

the Disco fart has been around since 2005 Thumbs Up

do a +fart search - there is loads of info Thumbs Up
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #185282931st Aug 2017 4:33 pm
Steve916

gstuart wrote:
Steve916 wrote:

hi steve

when the engine is turned off it should indeed hiss to release the excess pressure

found this and see u can program the keyfob, inc about the suspension , not sure if that's what u mean ,

if u don't hear the hiss anymore maybe the exhaust valve is blocked ??

Program the key fob 'Land Rover' button

The Land Rover button of Discovery 3's key fob (bottom of the 3 buttons, with the 'Land Rover' logo on it) can be programmed to do one of four things - trigger the panic alarm; turn on the 'follow-me-home' headlights; raise or lower the suspension; or release the upper-rear tailgate.

To set the panic alarm, insert the key in to the ignition (position two) and then remove the key from the ignition. Immediately after, hold down the Land Rover button on the key fob whilst pressing the hazard warning light button on the dashboard.

To set the remote to turn on the headlights, insert the key to position two and then remove it. Hold down the Land Rover button on the key fob whilst flashing the headlights (by pulling the headlight control stalk). The amount of time the lights remain on for depends on the headlamp delay setting (which can be changed within the Settings menu of the digital display).

To set the remote to raise or lower the air suspension, turn off the engine and remove the key. Within one minute, press and hold the Land Rover button on the key fob whilst pressing the air suspension control lever on the Terrain Response area of the centre console (to either position, up or down). The suspension can then be adjusted using the remote key fob. The hazard warning lights must first be turned on and all doors closed. To raise the suspension, hold down the Land Rover button whilst pressing and holding the lock button. To lower the suspension, hold down the Land Rover button whilst pressing and holding the unlock button.

To set the remote to release the tailgate, press and hold the Land Rover button on the fob and then release the tailgate (either by opening in outside or by pressing the Lock and Unlock buttons on the dashboard together).

Once the remote has been successfully programmed, the vehicle will 'bong' to confirm.

Yeah did that earlier and it works fine on the key fob. I'll check the exhaust valve Wink

Post #185285831st Aug 2017 6:24 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >