Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

P132b new turbo time?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Nc1989

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
P132b new turbo time?

Hi all, getting the dreaded p132b code with engine system fault on the dash, usually in top gear (manual) on the motorway under moderate to high load. Always clears after pulling to hard shoulder and shutting down for 30 secs or more. Only started doing it about a month / 200miles ago but happens almost every trip now. I do not use my discovery very often.

I've lubed the actuator a few times but it always has seemed free to me anyway. Working from the wheelarch it won't stay in the closest to you position when pulled it always returns/falls away to centre, and will stay in the furthest away position when pushed is this normal?

Further info: egrs are blanked and butterfly out, it does have a 3rd party map on but has had since before I bought it. I haven't checked fully the Ic and hoses yet but haven't had any whooshing or loss of power to make me think that is at fault. The fault code id got made me think it's not related to boost leaks anyway? I do get a recurring air intake temp correlation code (p2199 I think?) but ic is clear and sensors have read ok when checked before. Injectors are all within spec too.

I get the feeling that the actuator is free enough, so am I looking at a new turbo? If so where is the preferred place for a reconditioned turbo or do I have to go new?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Post #18103342nd May 2017 1:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >