Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Seatbelt, door stuck shut and noisy steering !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
ormskirkdave

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Seatbelt, door stuck shut and noisy steering !

Three problems have arisen this week on my 56 plate disco 3 S !!!! The first is caused by my 8mth old lab pup who has chewed the 3rd row seatbelt almost through, so have ordered a brand new replacement for £72, does anyone know if it is an easy job replacing the seatbelt considering the airbag adjacent ?
The second was discovered the same day as the seatbelt, the rear NS door will not open either from inside or outside. I note that the grey rocker switch next to the internal handle is in the locked position but when I pull it to the "open" position it still will not open..... Any ideas please ?
The final problem that has arisen is a noise from OS front can be heard when turning left. Could it be power steering ?
I would really appreciate any pointers to solve the problems from this bad week !!! Big Cry

Thanks you luvverly people !

Post #180433716th Apr 2017 10:12 pm
jonnybeer

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Can't help much at the moment but I'm in the process of trying to open my fns door which has also stuck shut. Had some useful tips from here and at this time I've managed to remove the front seat and door card from inside the car with the door shut. Was a mare of a job and took a good couple of hours. I was careful not to damage the door card and removing the speaker was probably the worst part. I now an need to remove the window glass and then I can get to the door bits for replacement. There is my thread currently running on here but not got the time at the moment to spend any more time on the door. I'll update the thread as and when.

Hope you get yours sorted in the meantime

Post #180466217th Apr 2017 8:23 pm
ormskirkdave

Thanks jonnybeer ! Just spent 5 mins playing and eventually got door open by trying a combination of key fob clicker and dashboard door opener/closer as in helpful posts on here. It worked twice then horn beeped as though a door was open (all were shut !) then alarm sounded as though it was a forced entry (even without opening any door !) Now door is stuck shut again.
Eventually I called it quits for the night so at least it was all locked ! I will have another play with it tomorrow.
Cheers !.....I'll have another glass of wine and all will be well !!

Post #180470317th Apr 2017 9:28 pm
ormskirkdave

Hi all again ! It looks as though the "steering" problem is in fact a seized brake caliper piston and one of the pads is rubbing and down to the metal. When cornering, the noise is louder, which lead me down the path of thinking it was the steering ! Looks like a new set of discs, pads and caliper Big Cry

Post #180691723rd Apr 2017 10:48 am
ormskirkdave

Here we go ! After not agreeing with the local garage diagnosis of the "steering/drive" problem being a seized caliper, they now have found the wheel bearings gone !! so now we need a new hub on top of the disc and pads..... will keep it posted for anybody to learn from ! Censored Up to now, the rear door has been behaving itself (he says tempting fate !) after just spraying release oil behind the pop-out latch ! I have now received the new seatbelt and will hopefully fit it at a later date as this has gone down the list due to the above !!

Post #180788825th Apr 2017 8:12 pm
ormskirkdave

Hi again Gang ! An update on the door lock problem..... again, not tempting fate !!! After the spraying of the release oil in behind the black flip-out button( by the pull-open chrome handle) it has worked every time since. Maybe this is different to other problems, or maybe it is worth a try !..... We'll see. Had the new hub, discs and pads fitted..... seems Ok Seatbelt still waiting to be fitted. Cheers

Post #180941129th Apr 2017 8:47 pm
Aerialmark

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Maybe it just needs using, if you have not got kids rent some then the rear doors will be used more with little busy fingers pushing the buttons. There will be few on here that can lend you some to give the rear a full button workout Laughing
 The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
They just make the best of everything they have. 

Post #180949930th Apr 2017 8:21 am
Slobbox

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

The seatbelt is an easy fix having suffered the same problem form my Lab pup. if you undo the boot floor fasteners you can get to the bottom mount point and the belt itself is accessed by taking of the Pillar trim.

It took me about 30 mins to do both sides
 Stephen
Jag XF 3.0l Premium Luxury
2006 SE, De-Tangoed, EGR Blanked 

Post #180950130th Apr 2017 8:30 am
ormskirkdave

Hi slobbox ! Thanks for post. Did you have any problem re airbag ? I will do mine just before MOT in October ! Cheers..... Dave

Post #180966330th Apr 2017 7:36 pm
ormskirkdave

Hi Aerielmark ! Thanks for reply. I don't suffer from the lack of use..... not only kids but three grandkids aswell ! I can assure you that it is not due to lack of use after 10 years !!!!! Seriously it is a common fault after all these years, you have to make a decision, to keep or upgrade.... I don't like the new models, it's mostly the fancy bits that let them down. Cheers..... Dave

Post #180966530th Apr 2017 7:48 pm
Slobbox

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

ormskirkdave wrote:
Hi slobbox ! Thanks for post. Did you have any problem re airbag ? I will do mine just before MOT in October ! Cheers..... Dave

None whatsoever I kept putting it off then when I did do it it was one of the easiest jobs to do the only thing I would advise is to get some new trim clips before you start most of mine snapped so I had to go back and refit the trim again after
I got these eBay Item No. 191602977794 but there will be other places Smile
 Stephen
Jag XF 3.0l Premium Luxury
2006 SE, De-Tangoed, EGR Blanked 

Post #18097761st May 2017 7:04 am
ormskirkdave

Thanks Slobbox ! It'll be a few months off yet, I think I have some spare trim clips "on the shelf" ! Thanks for the info.

Cheers..... Dave

Post #18099781st May 2017 3:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >