Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Strange Serviceing question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
EMcC

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4
Strange Serviceing question

I have a 2015 D4 and on my first service at 12 months when the vehicle was returned I was given a litre of oil. I was told it was for topping up between then and my next service.
I have just had my second service and on the service sheet/record there was marked on it 1 litre of oil but no litre given to me like last time.
I asked the Service manager what it meant and he just shrugged his shoulders and said "oh it must be something extra they used"
I thought maybe it referred to a litre hidden in the boot or somewhere in the vehicle but couldn't find one.
Is this something that usually happens and they decided not to do it this time or did someone give me the first one and shouldn't have and why was there 1 litre printed in the middle of my last service sheet.
Anybody come across this before ?

Post #180374614th Apr 2017 11:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
beanie
Site Sponsor 

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Personally, I'd be more concerned that it means 1st service had an oil change & that 2nd service didn't, only a top up based on "service life " of the oil?

From experiences on here, not good to prolong oil changes Confused
 Altox GSM FBH controller thread

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Owner of the original "Beanie" grille
D4 & RRS style D3 grilles made to order

Post #180374714th Apr 2017 11:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
EMcC

I don't follow you.
If the first service an oil change took place why did they give me an extra litre bottle of oil to take away.
The second service they didn't but there was a litre bottle listed on the service receipt but no sign of it in the vehicle, should there have been ?
Both services were carried out under the pre-paid service plan which was bought with the vehicle when I bought it new in March 2015.

Post #180374915th Apr 2017 12:07 am
beanie
Site Sponsor 

You were given a "top up" litre from service 1-2
My concern would be that only a litre is on service 2, meaning no full oil change? May not be that case on the reciept??

But as its fixed price service package, if the oil didn't need changing based on extended life, I would be concerned if it hadn't been changed Thumbs Up

Did it have a full oil change at service 2, filter and all ?

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Post #180375015th Apr 2017 12:13 am
EMcC

All the boxes were ticked so presumably, if you can trust them, service was carried out as per land rover spec.
I've never heard of only changing oil 'dependant on extended life', I was under the impression that when a service is due the oil is changed along with the filter, whether it be by mileage, 16000 or length of time, 12 months !
I am not new to Land rovers but am new to this garage, they took over from Ottons.
I have always stuck to the service plan but never had this situation before.
Ottons Service receipt used to tell you what was changed and what was used and how much but this new garage just has a load of tick boxes so you have no idea what oil was used or any of the other things.

Post #180379115th Apr 2017 9:29 am
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

our 63 plate D4 would use oil in the early miles and needed regular small top ups...our lastest one 66 plate hasn't needed same.

Post #180396415th Apr 2017 8:59 pm
beanie
Site Sponsor 

Hey, it's just my sceptical view, services are fixed price package with little margin, if after 12 months you've done circa 8k miles, would the dealer be tempted to leave the oil assuming you'd get to 16k in 2 yrs ??
As I say my sceptical mind, but a solid way to make some margin on low price servicing Whistle

PM me for details

Post #180399315th Apr 2017 10:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >