Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Disco 3 - pre-purchase questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
AlexStrugariu

Romania 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi again everyone!

As not to create more topics, I've changed the title of this post, so I could bother you with some more pre-purchase questions. Here's what I'm currently self-debating, and would again appreciate the input of people more experienced in these cars:

I am mostly looking for a 2008-2009 D3 with less than 200k (about 120k miles) km on the clock. The reason behind this is, of course, most cars are best put together during their final years of production, and I'm guessing the D3 is no exception, and of course, I would like the car to be as new as possible. I wish to keep it for a long time, do a lot of overland travel, and I drive an average of 15-20 k miles per year.

However, as there are extremely few decent newer examples for sale in Romania at this time, an older specimen is winking at me: it's a 2005 with only about 65k miles (110k km) with just one previous owner, that appears to have been well taken care of (it has brembo brakes upgrade, air compressor changed, and several others; owner says it has full service history). It's an S with quite a lot of extras on it: terrain-response, air suspension, dual zone climate control, cruise control, heated front and rear seats, heated windcreen, webasto and it even has the self-locking rear diff! The price is a bit higher than I would pay for this year, but relatively decent for its mileage.

So I'm just curious what more experienced people's opinions are on this topic: is it worth considering a low mileage well looked after D3 from their very beginning or would a later year with normal mileage for its age be better?

Post #180476118th Apr 2017 6:14 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >