Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > For Sale & Wanted [Archive]

[Sold] D3 Manual TDV6 SE 2005 (low tax) 101k miles £7500
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
philhunt

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
[For Sale] D3 Manual TDV6 SE 2005 (low tax) 101k miles £7500

Reluctantly offering my pride and joy for sale with 101k miles on the clock as in recent years I've only been using it for trips backwards and forward to my house in Normandy every 6 weeks or so as I have a Discovery 300 TDI that I use as my daily drive. I've now run out of reasons to justify my keeping it to she who must be obeyed! Big Cry

I bought the D3 when nearly new (so only 1 previous owner) from Lookers Land Rover in Chelmsford and it has been serviced by them ever since so a full main dealer service history.

The last service was at the end of February this year and it has an MOT until the beginning of March 2018.

For the remaining lifetime of the car, the new owner will receive 20% discount on parts and labour from Lookers. There is also a Warranty Direct policy in force on the car until I believe the end of May 2018 which I can transfer to the new owner. This provides LR main dealer labour rates and a contribution to the replacement costs of all parts covered including wheel bearings, turbo etc. etc.

In the last year, the car has had new disks front and back and new pads (from the most recent Lookers Healthcare check report it can be seen that I don't use the brakes much as the pads are still almost as new!). It has also had a new upgraded compressor, brake switch, upgraded oil pump kit with timing belt kit and engine water connector all of which were replaced as preventative maintenance measures. I have a set of new rear tailgate top gas struts in my parts box as the existing ones are beginning to get a little tired

All 5 18" tyres have General Grabber AT2s with very good tread depth on them and there is an 'Uncle Ray' spare wheel protector

2 sets of keys - fobs in perfect condition

Remote control for fuel burning heater

The car is SE spec so no need to list what this is but the black leather interior is immaculate for the age of the car and all heated seats work too!

Over and above the SE spec the car has the following:-

Bell Autos Engine Remap
Silicon intercooler hose
Black Box Solutions FaultMate for reading and clearing fault codes
Privacy Glass
Genuine LR light guards front and rear
Half height dog guard
Wind deflectors on all 4 windows
TMax split charge battery system with yellow top leisure battery
Genuine LR mud flaps front and rear
Genuine LR stainless side tubes
Genuine LR ABar with LR driving lamps
Safari snorkel
Chrome fog lamp surrounds
Mantec aluminium sump guard and also aluminium under engine and gearbox protection plates
Stainless scuff guards
Full size rear boot rubber tray
Cargo net
Parrot MKi9200 system for bluetooth phone connection and music streaming with wired connection for streaming from IPod, SD., Line In and USB
Stainless genuine LR rear bumper tread plate
Reversing sensors and rear view camera display to satnav screen when reverse gear is selected
Tow Bar (the car has never towed anything though!)
4x4 display and off road navigation enabled on satnav screen
2015 SatNav disk
Clock display on dash
Bright heavy duty LED bulbs (front side and tail lights, rear fogs, brake light, interior lights and puddle lights)
Modified left side boot cubby panel (that just needs wiring in)
Mercedes sprinter bottle jack
3 flash enabled on indicator stalk

The car is based in Romford, Essex and really only viewable at weekends as I don't get home from work until 7.30 - 8.00pm weekdays.

I'm looking for £7500 which I believe is a very fair price - the car is virtually ready to go to a new owner straight away subject to me transferring the private plate off of it (I have the original plates to go back on). I have another set of 18s in excellent condition and I think 3 of these have brand new Wrangler tyres on them which I might include if there's a very quick sale (see photo of wheel style in post below).

PM me if you're genuinely interested in the car Thumbs Up

NB. The car was in access height when the photos were taken
 Clubs Mantec, Tasmods, LEDS, AT2s on 18s, Maxxis Bighorns on 17s, Remote FBH, BAS. ReMap, BSS., RLD Personalised SWP., Safari Snorkel, Faultmate, Three Musketeers & MUD

Last edited by philhunt on 1st Apr 2017 12:24 pm. Edited 5 times in total 
Post #179797230th Mar 2017 9:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
trailhound

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Blimey, that looks like a good deal. Almost wish I didn't have one so I could get a new one. Forwarding to my mate.

Post #179797430th Mar 2017 9:42 pm
philhunt

Thumbs Up

I can't really bear to part with it! It has never let me down apart from many years ago not long after I'd had it when the original compressor gave up the ghost when we were on a DISCO3.co.uk event down in the Brecon Beacons I think. A new compressor was fitted under warranty and was returned to me in Romford on a trailer!!

I think £7500 is more than a fair price and I've pitched it at that hoping it will be sold before I change my mind
 Clubs Mantec, Tasmods, LEDS, AT2s on 18s, Maxxis Bighorns on 17s, Remote FBH, BAS. ReMap, BSS., RLD Personalised SWP., Safari Snorkel, Faultmate, Three Musketeers & MUD

Post #179797830th Mar 2017 9:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PhilH

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Hi,
Has this got privacy, or aftermarket tints?
Sorry if I missed that in the description.
What style are the other wheels?
Do you have interior pics? especially showing the parrot kit?
Thanks,

Post #179811131st Mar 2017 10:10 am
philhunt

Hi Phil

Apart from the glass in the tailgate which is actual privacy glass as it was replaced in January on my insurance as it was damaged by a stone chip whilst parked up in our road at home, the remaining glass was done professionally with film by Midland Tinting in Leicestershire not long after I bought the car. It looks as perfect now as when it was done.

I'm in Normandy at the moment but I may be able to find a photo of the other wheel set so bear with me.

The black leather interior is perfect despite its age but like anything could be improved upon with some decent leather treatment and some TLC!

There is a full size rubber boot mat

It's raining here at the moment but I can get a few interior photos when it stops

Post #179811931st Mar 2017 10:41 am
philhunt

Hi Phil

Here is a poor photo of the style of the spare set of 18" wheels (including I think 3 new Wranglers) that may be included if there's a very quick sale

By the way, it was the tinted film that was originally fitted to the tailgate glass that held it all in place when the stone chip shattered it!!!

Post #179813331st Mar 2017 11:15 am
Rachael111

United Kingdom 
Viewing your disco!

Apparently I need to post 3 times before I can pm someone so this is no 1!

Post #17998344th Apr 2017 5:45 pm
Rachael111

United Kingdom 
Disco for sale

No 2

Post #17998354th Apr 2017 5:46 pm
Rachael111

United Kingdom 
Disco for sale

No 3 Smile

Post #17998364th Apr 2017 5:47 pm
Rachael111

United Kingdom 
Your excellent disco3 for sale

Hi Phil

I have PM you.

Post #17998604th Apr 2017 6:19 pm
philhunt

Replied by PM to you Rachael111

Post #17999434th Apr 2017 8:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >