Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Seat covers, big mistake!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Cosmo1

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
Seat covers, big mistake!

Just spent £129 on set front back seat covers from main supplier. I've had several attempts to fit front and it's impossible! I heated them in house and kept heater on in disco but hopeless. The individual headrest covers are about 1.5 inches short on either side where Velcro is supposed to meet. The main cover itself is similar, to short, where the airbag is on seat belt side the cover is left with an open gap (no Velcro) down length of airbag. Old covers had Velcro panel. I can understand seats will expand with age but other than using pliers or whatever they'll tear.

Post #179485022nd Mar 2017 5:22 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Get your money back and buy the correct fitting ones from Inka, who happen to also make the LR branded ones. I bought front and rear covers for my Landmark, inc. head rest and arm rest covers for £130.
 2006 D3 HSE (Original & still the best)-GONE
2010 D4 HSE (A bit bling)-GONE
2014 D4 HSE (Almost too bling)-GONE
2015 D4 HSE (A heated what?)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Written Off)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Surely the last!) PD1881 rims-GONE
2017 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography 

Post #179499922nd Mar 2017 9:52 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Cosmo , agree with what LT said, in getting ur money back and ordering some Inka covers

LT ,

bought mine and fitted really well, paid £90 for front and back , without armrests

did make the mistake at first by not ordering the 30/35/30 back seat covers , rang them and exchanged them without any problems what so ever

don't know how they compare with genuine land rover covers but really pleased with them

Last edited by gstuart on 22nd Mar 2017 10:36 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #179502222nd Mar 2017 10:31 pm
tayaste

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Or some exmoor trim ones Thumbs Up

Post #179502622nd Mar 2017 10:35 pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

+1 for Inka Thumbs Up
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #179504222nd Mar 2017 10:55 pm
Cosmo1

Thanks for replies. I phoned the distributer to confirm if where the airbag is located on side of seat their seat covers have no Velcro panel, it's left just an open gap with nothing to close it.(old covers had Velcro cover) I explained it would be impossible to fit the headrest covers as they are far to small. First Lady I got fobbed me off immediately who put me to enquiries/sales. Lady this time asked what I wanted, when I started to ask about seat cover with no Velcro at airbag I was told, "stop, we don't talk to public take them to where you got them"I said she represented the company and all I was asking was if there were any complaints about size of covers being to small. She then passed me to sales, where this time a gentleman listened to my query and said again "we have no contact with public. I then asked him why he knew nothing of their products re complaints, answer was "because I don't I only sell to retailers" I said they were not fit for purpose and were cheaply made but with inflated price. I was then asked, " if you go to supermarket and buy pint of milk which is off you don't go looking for the farmer!" I said big difference in cost of milk to seat covers. At this point he asked me to go away as he had nothing to say! Nice company, nice manners, poor sub standard cheaply made overpriced covers with umbrella emblem on them, maybe that's what demands the premium?

Post #179509423rd Mar 2017 12:50 am
lynalldiscovery

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Name and shame if its factual no one can bother you.

Post #179509523rd Mar 2017 12:52 am
Cosmo1

Britpart, Shropshire.

Post #179509823rd Mar 2017 1:00 am
gstuart

Cosmo1 wrote:
Thanks for replies. I phoned the distributer to confirm if where the airbag is located on side of seat their seat covers have no Velcro panel, it's left just an open gap with nothing to close it.(old covers had Velcro cover) I explained it would be impossible to fit the headrest covers as they are far to small. First Lady I got fobbed me off immediately who put me to enquiries/sales. Lady this time asked what I wanted, when I started to ask about seat cover with no Velcro at airbag I was told, "stop, we don't talk to public take them to where you got them"I said she represented the company and all I was asking was if there were any complaints about size of covers being to small. She then passed me to sales, where this time a gentleman listened to my query and said again "we have no contact with public. I then asked him why he knew nothing of their products re complaints, answer was "because I don't I only sell to retailers" I said they were not fit for purpose and were cheaply made but with inflated price. I was then asked, " if you go to supermarket and buy pint of milk which is off you don't go looking for the farmer!" I said big difference in cost of milk to seat covers. At this point he asked me to go away as he had nothing to say! Nice company, nice manners, poor sub standard cheaply made overpriced covers with umbrella emblem on them, maybe that's what demands the premium?

that's disgusting , daft question but are they going to refund ur money

the Inka covers do indeed have the open area on the seats regarding air bags

hope u get it resolved , surely though through the internet sales act u can return them with no questions asked for 30 x days, may be totally wrong though

Post #179510023rd Mar 2017 1:04 am
gstuart

Cosmo1 wrote:
Britpart, Shropshire.

could always tell them u belong to a land rover forum and intend to name and shame them

but by the sounds of it won't care less

wonder if u can get hold of the rep or local distributor

Last edited by gstuart on 23rd Mar 2017 1:08 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #179510123rd Mar 2017 1:06 am
lynalldiscovery

That says it all, they have some great nicknames Mr. Green

To be fair Ive used a lot of their stuff on my cars over the years, but you have to be selective and do some research.

The best replies are the one who swear britpart are junk but bearmach/allmakes are better, look closely its all the same gear, read their advert wording closely.
They are distributors and not makers.

With britpart if the part number has the letter G on the ends its decent kit.

Ive got their brake callipers on my 90 and the D3, dire warnings from people on here 2 years ago and guess what? still fine and amazingly still have the gold finish Thumbs Up

Seat covers/floor mats its OE and they also have a 2nd hand value so not as dear as they may first appear.

Post #179510223rd Mar 2017 1:07 am
lynalldiscovery

gstuart wrote:
Cosmo1 wrote:
Britpart, Shropshire.

could always tell them u belong to a land rover forum and intend to name and shame them

but by the sounds of it won't care less

wonder if u can get hold of the rep

They wont care thats why they are called Censored and all the other derogatory nuicknames Mr. Green
They changed their warranty to two years to get people to buy again as their rep was terrible and people were certainly making a point of not buying anything blue box, and of the supplier sent blue box it was sent back asap.
Theres even one aftermarket seller who makes a point of saying none of his products for sale are britpart.

Post #179510423rd Mar 2017 1:12 am
Cosmo1

Again thanks everyone for input. There attitude was shocking but when I advised said gentleman about LR forum he said "Thank you very much Sir!" Now go away as I have nothing to say!"That's second time they messed up when my disco was off road to have complete wishbones and all other suspension parts renewed plus all brake parts, drilled grooved discs etc, all Britart.They supplied V8 brake parts! garage farmed work on my disco out so when suspension and other work was completed last job was brake overhaul. mechanic noted wrong parts and ordered genuine LR parts to allow him to complete job! Result I paid Britpart and paid LR ( double whammy) driving around now with parts I didn't want. I'll sell the Britpart items to recoup some of cost. Shambolic performance even boxing up order.

Post #179511023rd Mar 2017 4:55 am
nearlee

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Well I'm going to say the opposite to everyone else, got britpart covers in mine and had them in my previous d2, and I've found them really good and very hard wearing.
 Just remember:-
Amateurs built the Ark
Professionals built the titanic 

Post #179511423rd Mar 2017 7:25 am
jezmoore

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Just fitted my second set from TP solutions in Bilston,West Midlands.first set lasted 5 years before the waterproof backing America away.seats still like new underneath so replace with the same again.superb fit and when ordering get option for arm rest and airbags.
Brill

Post #179537423rd Mar 2017 5:26 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >