Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Another D3 to D4 Conversion Thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
betty02

United Kingdom 
Another D3 to D4 Conversion Thread

Pleeeease be nice. I did search but didn't find much! Is there a definitive guide to the conversion?

I have seen lots of pictures, read lots but it mainly just says things like "cut an inch off the inner wing" doesn't say from where or any pictures during (which would really help) then some people mention a headlight conversion loom? Some say it's plug and play!

Just want to make sure I can fully do it before I attempt, it is a project I fancy taking on myself to help learn, bought a front end damaged D3 cheap for the project as a little run around the weekend so the BM can be my weekly commuter!

Thanks in advance!

Simon

Post #179469822nd Mar 2017 9:48 am
Andy Foster

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Just done mine and the best thing to do is get a pair of genuine D4 wings. Mine was a pre facelift D4 front end. The front bumper takes a bit of messing to get on but it's only as the intercooler air scoop need a bit of cutting. Other than that it's an easy plug and play job. If you've got halogens to start with and replace with xenons then they will flicker on startup. To sort this you need to CCF file updating.

Andy
 D4 MY15 SE TECH
D3 gone but never forgotten. 

Post #179470122nd Mar 2017 9:58 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
betty02

United Kingdom 

Thanks Andy!

All parts are used but genuine, picked them up at various times separately off ebay as they are cheap!

No headlights yet, unsure what the car came with as it had none on, I will try and find out though, but I can handle a flicker! Probably won't see night time anyway!

So no inner wing trimming? Easy bolt on for a semi-novice? All old bolts fit etc? With the air scoop trim is it just cutting some off as the bumper sits further back then the original?

Thanks again Smile

Post #179471322nd Mar 2017 10:37 am
Andy Foster

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Yeah new bumper fouls on the scoop. Everything else just bolts off and the new ones bolt on. Only other thing is a bit of trimming to the air intake so the new wing sits back far enough.
 D4 MY15 SE TECH

Post #179471922nd Mar 2017 10:49 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Andy Foster

Have a look here Thumbs Up

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic157618.html
 D4 MY15 SE TECH

Post #179472222nd Mar 2017 10:53 am
betty02

United Kingdom 

Excellent thanks Andy!!

Will read that thread, came across this one too -

https://web.archive.org/web/20150506004525...07688.html

Tempted to go 2014+ now! Also seams bolt on and bolt off parts, looks like older D4 wings fit just newer lights, bumper and grille!

Headlights be plug and play and I wont have PDC to worry about that wiring!

Will see how things go Smile

Thanks again

Post #179476322nd Mar 2017 1:08 pm
Andy Foster

If your going for the facelift D4 you'll need a wiring mod for the main beam. Dip and main beam use the same bulb with a shutter that moves to give you main beam. If that makes sense. It can be done though as a few have done it Thumbs Up
 D4 MY15 SE TECH

Post #179488522nd Mar 2017 6:44 pm
gardendisco

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I know there's a lot of info on the site and I have been searching quite a while but couldn't find a definite answer;

Is it possible to change a front d3 bumper for a d4 bumper without lights and grill?
Does the higher sitting headlights and dip due to the grill mean this isn't possible?

I know you have to cut the wings for the headlights and as much as I like the new style headlights I can't justify a full front end. Ideally a conversion with d4 front and rear bumpers and colour coding the wheel arches is what I'm after.

Post #184866818th Aug 2017 7:01 pm
Andy Foster

It's all or nothing really. You can't mix and match D3 and D4 front end parts. You can get a D3 front grill that's been converted to look like a D4 grill though. Beanie can sort the grill for you Thumbs Up
 D4 MY15 SE TECH

Post #184867218th Aug 2017 7:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >