Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Landrover Fleet Vehicles
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
brightyuk

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3
Landrover Fleet Vehicles

I bought a 2016 Landmark vehicle which I feel has been misrepresented when sold to me. It was sold as a LR management car. When V5 arrived it states previous owner was Hertz LTD. So clearly not a LR management car.

Correspondence with the dealer they are now stating it was bought direct from LR from the Fleet/Management framework.

I am wondering whether any of the knowledgable people on this forum would have any experience with LR fleet vehicles, that I could PM to ask a few questions.

Many Thanks
Adam
 Vehicles
2016 D4 Landmark Indus Silver
2005 D3 HSE Silver
Detent Circlip 'How to Guide'

Post #179436121st Mar 2017 4:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Oxford-boy

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Hello,

I have a MY16 (65 plate) HSE lux on contract hire through Lex. It is Loire Blue with an 'OV' prefix which many people say means it is a LR Management Fleet car. I arranged it all at our local LR dealer.

I can't really add much (except to say that it causes mass confusion when I am up at our holiday place near Balmoral as all the Royals up there seem to drive Loire Blue D4s with 'OV' prefixes!) beyond the fact that Land Rover Management or Fleet seems to mean a very wide spectrum of uses/users.

V5 (which I don't have but I do have a copy for ensuring I can have number plates made for trailers and the like) shows Land Rover Contract Hire as the owner and then the Lex address.

Great car though. 28K miles and only issue I have had has been the front passenger window slipped down a touch when it came loose in the door.

Plenty of knowledge on here so good luck with a few more views.

Very Happy

Post #179442621st Mar 2017 6:13 pm
gje

Wales 

I think there are a few 16 plate D4's with between 5-10k miles on the LR approved site - the ones I have made enqs about have all been ex Hertz vehicles.... maybe JLR has a 'deal' to sell them to Hertz then use them as management vehicles? I know that some BMW ex-management cars were registered to a BMW finance company ( cant recall what it was).

Post #179442721st Mar 2017 6:17 pm
Washwipe

England 

I had the same happen to me back in 2008 with a FL2, the Dealer who I no longer use was very careful with his choice of words, yes it was as they said, come in direct from LR, but a googled the previous owner and it came up as the company which is the owner of Enterprise, suspect it was one of the vehicles given to Enterprise as courtesy cars for LRA, it was ok for the two years I had it.

Post #179442921st Mar 2017 6:20 pm
brightyuk

Thanks for the replies. They said it was aLandrover management vehicle. I have been advised by LR they don't have a deal with Hertz.

I have emails in with the fleet management for information.

In my opinion the dealer is misrepresenting the fact it was Landrover Management. So far offered to have car back or £250 accessories goodwill gesture. They say they can't advise on previous owners, surely they will have looked at the V5. The problem I have is will lose money if I give vehicle back for refund. What would you think is reasonable damages. As could have been driven by hundreds of drivers. Seriously would have thought twice about buying it if New previously a hire car.
 Vehicles
2005 D3 HSE Silver

Post #179448221st Mar 2017 8:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ja92mie

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

I don't think £250 worth of accessories is bad Thumbs Up

Post #179448721st Mar 2017 8:14 pm
brightyuk

Have you had a look at cost of accessories. Cant find anything for £250.
 Vehicles
2005 D3 HSE Silver

Post #179449221st Mar 2017 8:24 pm
waterbuoy

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

brightyuk wrote:
The problem I have is will lose money if I give vehicle back for refund. What would you think is reasonable damages. As could have been driven by hundreds of drivers.

Frankly I think the dealer has been reasonable in offering either a refund or the £250 in extras - don't see what 'damages' you could reasonably claim if you are getting a refund and have effectively had free use of the vehicle meantime Confused
 Currently 2009 Disco 3 SE, 2013 MY D4 HSE and 2016 D4 SE
Previously:
TD5 Defender 110 CSW (230k miles)
300TDi Disco 1 (289k)
4 RR Classics (300-350k each, 2 manual, 2 auto)
110 V8 CSW (220k)
S3 109 hi cap pickup (ex RN)
S2A 88 Safari SW with lpg conversion (bloody lethal) 

Post #179449321st Mar 2017 8:24 pm
Ja92mie

Better than nothing though! At least you have your warranty so if anything does go wrong your covered. Me personally I wouldn't be too bothered by it. Do you have a service pack? Maybe push to get one of those chucked in if not?

Post #179449521st Mar 2017 8:27 pm
brightyuk

This is not what I would have expected from a LR Main Dealer with under hand practices. From a back street dealer yes. The main thing is they misrepresented it under the Consumer Protection legislation 2014. Which I suppose they acknowledged by offering the £250.

Quote:
Do you have a service pack?

Can't get a service pack, as has to be on when vehicle is first sold.
 Vehicles
2005 D3 HSE Silver

Post #179449821st Mar 2017 8:32 pm
Ja92mie

2016 Landmarks are hard to get hold of. So no wonder they are offering to take it back they will probably sell it for even more now Laughing

Post #179450121st Mar 2017 8:34 pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 

Here's the funny thing: most manufacturers would register the car to themselves and then lease the car to a company like Hertz, thus avoiding the need to have Hertz on the document! So, it having Land Rover's name and address on the document is no guarantee of anything!

For instance, I'm currently driving an "O" plated RRS Land Rover Assistance loan car while mines in with a fault. It's highly likely to be a "LRM" vehicle, yet it's effectively a service loan car. There's not that much wrong with that - I've certainly not been abusing it.

I think it's important to remember that LRM is no guarantee that's it's been driven by Land Rover "Manager", it purely means that it's a car whose first year's use has been "managed" by them.

I've bought three ex LRM cars, with my own cash and never regretted it, despite knowing little if it's first year. I feel the dealer's made a very fair offer here.

PS: Look on the bright side, it might be silver but, with Hertz as the first owner, at least you can be sure that it's not an ex LRE car Shocked

PPS: The RRS isn't a patch on the D4!

Last edited by Red Merle on 21st Mar 2017 8:45 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #179450821st Mar 2017 8:40 pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 

Ja92mie wrote:
2016 Landmarks are hard to get hold of. So no wonder they are offering to take it back they will probably sell it for even more now Laughing

Damn right!! Thumbs Up

Post #179451021st Mar 2017 8:41 pm
Ja92mie

I agree Thumbs Up

Post #179451121st Mar 2017 8:41 pm
Oxford-boy

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

I have to say that I agree with the 'it ain't broke so it don't need fixing' brigade here.

As mentioned my D4 is a LRCH vehicle and with 28K on the clock there is nothing/no reason that I wouldn't recommend it as a second hand deal to anyone on this forum when the time comes to hand it back.

It is serviced, wants for nothing (maintenance contract) and I love it and treat it so (own winter wheels, bottle jack, seat covers etc)...

You might be lucky to find another Landmark...

Worth thinking about.

Post #179462722nd Mar 2017 12:19 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >