Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

A god given right?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
Brilliant solution...

john watson wrote:
My suggestion on this topic.

Everyone's N I number is on their passport. Everyone out/in by a port of entry/ exit.

Out of the country for six week all benefits stopped.
Or
Your on benefits " sorry the benefits are their to help you get bye not to furnish a lifestyle " exit denied or if they insist on going all benefits cancelled there and then. Now let them wait 12 months before their claim can be reconsidered. Probably to much for the politicians to take on board.

This is just how it ought to be.....hard
 BREXIT - done properly.
Right now ...We need Government - not Politics
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.
Founder: Dipsticks-R-Us Inc
D3 HSE-perfectly formed, passenger friendly...has real DIPSTICK
Jag XK-but sadly no DIPSTICK...HUGE design fault
FL2 has DIPSTICK..."real comfort in rear seats"
VW Golf wondermobile (?)..has real DIPSTICK
Morris Minor..original DIPSTICK technology..and a real KEY. 

Post #18013688th Apr 2017 4:02 pm
Narpy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Now here's a coincidence after we were discussing it: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39575293
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
The 1st Ever RRS Modded Grill
Garmin Nuvi + D4 Surround + Reversing Camera.
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Wing Mirror Indicator Repeaters.
Long Roof Rails
Make your own Narpy grill thread
I'm not scared, I'm outta here. 

Post #180270812th Apr 2017 10:03 am
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
This thread could open out far further

To embrace & discuss the welfare benefits you can be eligible for, actually deserve & use
It also may include what's there for free in the NHS.
Nobody disadvantages themselves by getting sick & needing some care. I may be wrong but my thoughts are if you are able to do something you do it - you don't get sick or needy to get.

Over the last two weeks I've been in & out of hospital - totally unexpected serious medical condition that is being treated fast. The NHS I have experienced has been exceptional. I can't express my thanks enough in a way that showed my gratitude.

What I've seen recently in the three hospitals is beyond belief as regards the skills & dedication of staff who work long hours very very hard. From very senior Doctors right down to cleaning staff...support, reassurance, kind words & smiles.

What's really upset me is seeing others not appreciate whats there being abused by them.
Rude, obnoxious, demanding, not thankful in any way.

This a parallel (my parallel) to benefits claimants who freeload the system...
To make things available to those who need is there but being abused leading to bring about controls to sift or weed out the ones who shouldn't be receiving & affecting those who should h as to ba an area of focus.

The link to the lady who got a ridiculous decision made on a test with a feather is ridiculous.
Tests as to eligibility ought to be done by experts who can see the situations & make decisions - either way.
Really needy cases would have nothing to fear - those freeloading quite rightly should.
At one time things were means tested, that had bad connotations, unfair, ruthless....what's needed is something transparrent, fair, timely offering deliverables.

Sadly it's a political football one parliamentary party scoring points with the other......it shouldn't be this way even though it's funded by taxes...which most contribute to.

The media stake out of the abusers opens this up to show its worst excesses, this can only be the top of the iceberg.
People doing the double working for money under the counter & claiming etc.
Claiming for whatever they can get by being expert at what's there.
To the title of the thread may look like god given but it's state funded & that has got boundaries & controls. Iain Duncan-Smith was on the right track. Sadly not there.
 BREXIT - done properly.
Right now ...We need Government - not Politics
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.
Founder: Dipsticks-R-Us Inc
D3 HSE-perfectly formed, passenger friendly...has real DIPSTICK
Jag XK-but sadly no DIPSTICK...HUGE design fault
FL2 has DIPSTICK..."real comfort in rear seats"
VW Golf wondermobile (?)..has real DIPSTICK
Morris Minor..original DIPSTICK technology..and a real KEY. 

Post #180272812th Apr 2017 10:40 am
Popelka

Czech Republic 
well put ..... but

john watson wrote:
My suggestion on this topic.

Everyone's N I number is on their passport. Everyone out/in by a port of entry/ exit.

Out of the country for six weeks all benefits stopped.
Or you're on benefits " sorry the benefits are there to help you get by not to furnish a lifestyle " exit denied or if they insist on going all benefits cancelled there and then. Now let them wait 12 months before their claim can be reconsidered. Probably too much for the politicians to take on board.

very well put but how to account for those that are outside of UK and needing or those that are Non-native British and abusing the system because of European law (even sending money to home country?) [will Brexit cover this or like suggested, there will still be financial obligations still to be met after Brexit)
 Experience is a difficult teacher, because she gives the test first and then the lesson afterwards!!!!  
Post #180308513th Apr 2017 9:36 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >