DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Random Seats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Sirrah4941

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Random Seats

Hi
I have a 65 plate Discovery 4 HSE and I have had on going issues for one reason or another. The main one which seems to be ongoing is that my drivers seat will take itself out of its memory position either on entry or exit (not easy access mode normal movement). For example, I could leave the car and when I get back the seat is all the way back (lying down) or when I get in sometimes the seat moves really close to the wheel and traps my legs.
The dealer have had it on numerous occasions and I am getting no where! I have raised it with the dealer who says they cannot find the fault and I have escalated to JLR (who say the sale is with the dealer so go back to them) and the finance house say that because the fault was not reported early enough (it didnt happen straight away) that I should deal with it under warranty with the dealer!

I am getting no where and in the 1 year I have had it I have had:
3 engine management faults (counting down until the engine stops)
Sat nav taking every which way apart from where I need to go
electrical issues with seats (as above and still happening)
door lights in the storage areas started to work after about 7 months ( I didnt know I had them until they came on!)
Off road mode kicking in on the drive (I don't have an off road type of drive!)
Start/stop mode not working

All seem to be left with just the seats and I am so frustrated I have proposed they give me a replacement (similar spec) vehicle or take my car, clear my finance and I will start again. I am going around and around and wondered if
A- Anyone else has this issue with the seats and was it resolved?
B- has anyone successfully given the car up either via the dealer or finance company and how have they done it.

I love JLR and I loved my disco but I am fed up of paying a fairly high monthly payment for a car that has demons and that is making me fall out of love with it!

Any advice welcome.

Post #17884687th Mar 2017 8:59 pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Just a thought, what are your memory positions set at? I am the only driver of my car and I found that sometimes when I came back to it the seat had moved but then I realised that sometimes I would catch one of the memory buttons when I left the car (I had only set memory 1) so the seat was moving as I walked away. I have now set all my memory positions to the same seat position and have never had the problem again. Confused
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #17885817th Mar 2017 10:53 pm
Sirrah4941

Hi

it used to happen when they were all set the same, but the movement was varying each time. The dealer suggested setting them to extremes (setting 2 and 3) and I find it either moves into 2 or 3. I thought i may have knocked the setting but I've seen it when I have opened the door in the morning and as I open the door the seat moves (my hand wasnt anywhere near the buttons) and other times when I have left the car the seat was in the right position but when I come back it wasnt!

Its madness.

Post #17885857th Mar 2017 11:01 pm
Gary_P

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

The car does have an entry/exit mode that moves the steering wheel and seat to make it easier to get in and out. Could it be this mode ? Or perhaps if it is extreme, then perhaps it is this mode that is set up incorrectly and needs correcting?
 Gary
-------------------------------------------

Discovery 4 HSE 2016MY 

Post #17886368th Mar 2017 12:58 am
Sirrah4941

The easy access mode works fine and adjusts how I would expect. The seat movement is too extreme for it to be related. The dealer cannot find anything wrong which is more worrying

Post #17888028th Mar 2017 4:33 pm
Ali1971

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

For info my 2012 car just exhibited this issue , seats went all crazy on me after switching ignition off, all memory positions lost !

Post #18099041st May 2017 12:54 pm
furnitureman

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

I may be barking up the wrong tree with this suggestion but I have a D3 HSE with memory and when I first had the car I would pick up the keys and unlock the car and the seat had moved (lazy entry enabled) turned out I had picked up the spare key and this moved the seat when I unlocked the car, as swimbo rarely uses the car I disabled the lazy entry and now I have no issues
 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 TDV8 what a car
Discovery 3 HSE 2006 gone but never forgotten
Member of the 234,567 mile club😎

Post #18099171st May 2017 1:39 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >