Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

Weird one-
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
DiscoStevey

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Izmir BlueDiscovery 4
Weird one-

Right, bear with me here; For a while my car has been making a slight hooting, honking sort of noise under hard acceleration through the meat of the torque range. There haven't been any faults coming up. I noticed there was a good coating of oil spray over and under the turbo bypass valve (bottom driver's side of the intercooler) and when I got my arm up to check the jubilee clip at the top it wasn't tight. While I was at it I stripped all the hoses out and gave them the once-over, no splits or holes anywhere. I put it all back together and then like a dingleberry I started the engine without connecting one of the MAF sensors. RESTRICTED PERFORMANCE came up. I did a hard reset (disconnecting the battery, connecting the cables etc...) which cleared the fault. Took the car for a good hard run and it's cured the hooting alright, it's all turbo whistle and boost.

Strange thing was, when I got home, I tidied the garage and when I came to lock the car it wouldn't respond to the buttons. None of them worked. I could lock the car from the inside, but the remote was having none. I went in and spent a penny, then when I came back out it was working fine! It locks, unlocks, flaps its mirrors, flashes its lights no problems at all.

Is this something that happens after a hard reset or something else waiting to go wrong?

Post #178380725th Feb 2017 10:46 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >