Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

help- stuck at work! Weird elec problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
zinke

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Worth a look on the transfer box ecu behind the battery, check the plugs for corrosion. I had my alarm going off and lock and unlock faults when parked up and it turned out to be corrosion on that plug, didnt cause any problems until the first time i washed the engine bay, that extra moisture must of been enough to trigger all the problems. Although my faults dont exactly match yours its worth a look as only takes 5 mins to take battery out and check the plugs.

Pete.
 IID, webasto software and workshop facility's available.  
Post #178995911th Mar 2017 12:27 pm
thorgal

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

Narpy wrote:

, your battery is completely screwed at 8v. It needs replacing, that is clear.
. Big Cry

Not exactly true.
I drained my 5 year old Interstate battery to a 2.6 V and charged it back up with my trusty CTEK 25000.It worked for another 2 years .It could have worked even longer but I just decided to switch to a new unit before a winter trip to a Labrador.Cheers

Post #179006211th Mar 2017 6:47 pm
stevep

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

thanks guys- really helpful. I'm certain it's moisture related, the fault originally happened during a torrential downpour, but in the past few days in the sunnier weather, it has miraculously vanished!

zinke I did look at the transfer ECU - I was fully expecting this to be my problem since there's a gap between the plastic scuttle thingy and my screen just over that area... but could see no sign of ingress.

mossy- thanks very much for your comment, it's good to hear from someone with exactly the same symptoms. I think I'll take out the cjb (not looking forward to doing that again!) and give it a good clean up to make sure there's no residual salts or whatever. As I mentioned, I did fix the drain pipe grommet behind there a few months ago so there may well have been moisture in that area before.

I'll post an update here for future readers if I find out what the issue is... thanks again Thumbs Up

Post #179211716th Mar 2017 11:40 am
stevep

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

thorgal wrote:
Narpy wrote:

, your battery is completely screwed at 8v. It needs replacing, that is clear.
. Big Cry

Not exactly true.
I drained my 5 year old Interstate battery to a 2.6 V and charged it back up with my trusty CTEK 25000.It worked for another 2 years .It could have worked even longer but I just decided to switch to a new unit before a winter trip to a Labrador.Cheers

My battery was under 2 months old when it drained- I'd certainly hope any newish battery would recover after just one or two deep discharges... obviously starter batteries aren't designed for regular deep discharge cycles, you buy a leisure battery or similar for this.

Post #179211816th Mar 2017 11:49 am
SteveH

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi SteveP
Did you find the route cause of your problem - I have the same issue as of Friday night. Big Cry
Turn off ignition and after a couple of seconds all electrics start cycling - hazards/ locks/ screen etc
If I depress brake pedal it stops - but also if I raise elec window so not just the brake pedal
I did think it only happened on removal of key but it happens when in off position with key still
in

I have suffered intermittent HDC fault suspension lower for some time now and wondering if related?
I have changed brake switch / checked nsf wheel arch wiring and silver box cons behind battery (the one inside black casing with 3 connectors on top) all look ok

Any pointers would be appreciated. Mines a 57 (08) plate hse auto
Thanks
Steve

Post #18326762nd Jul 2017 10:50 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >