Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Front Suspension which part?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
trailhound

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Had the following MOT advisory (Suspension is really not my thing - but it's time to learn Smile )
Front Front suspension has slight movement at a wishbone pin or bush Both sides, lower arm, rear bush (2.5.A.1c)

Think this is the right page on advanced factors but a bit unsure which part (number). Is it LR051586?
http://www.advancedfactors.co.uk/front-sus...-139-c.asp

Is this a big job? Am I better off buying a whole component? or doing other jobs while I'm there, or is there a cheeky repair?

Thanks in advance...

Post #180513818th Apr 2017 8:41 pm
Biffysun

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

You are on the right lines, the lower arms are a common MoT fail in that the rear bush fails, some replace the bushes but most will change the whole arm as at least the rear bolt (and possibly the front one) will have seized and needs cut out. Not a hard job but do your research on here as to what is needed, mark the cam bolts/washers carefully and a 4 wheel alignment is essential afterwards Thumbs Up

ps chances are the other side may not be far away if not previously changed and it may be worth doing both (one alignment charge) and considering the RRS arms as an upgrade
Embarassed I see it is both sides

Post #180517418th Apr 2017 9:30 pm
Iceman08

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I plan on doing both of mine soon with the RRS Kit 614. I've had those same advisories for years but never stopped to think it could be the reason my handling has never felt great!! Rolling Eyes

Post #180519718th Apr 2017 10:16 pm
trailhound

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Biffysun wrote:
You are on the right lines, the lower arms are a common MoT fail in that the rear bush fails, some replace the bushes but most will change the whole arm as at least the rear bolt (and possibly the front one) will have seized and needs cut out. Not a hard job but do your research on here as to what is needed, mark the cam bolts/washers carefully and a 4 wheel alignment is essential afterwards Thumbs Up

ps chances are the other side may not be far away if not previously changed and it may be worth doing both (one alignment charge) and considering the RRS arms as an upgrade
Embarassed I see it is both sides

Sounds like good and labour saving advice. Upgrade makes sense too. Many thanks Thumbs Up

Post #180549919th Apr 2017 7:43 pm
Ja92mie

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Just changed my ARB bushes, Lower arms and getting my track rod ends fitted next week followed by a 4 wheel alignment. Already feels like a new car Thumbs Up

Post #180574520th Apr 2017 11:48 am
Danlor

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Just had both bottom arms done on my D3, as I had a grinding noise on left hand bends . Thought it might be the top arm, but wasn't . I change it and the ARB bushes and the link arm that side, still had the problem.
Service manager at Lakeland Land Rover looked over the car while I was on holiday there and said the O/S bottom wishbone rear bush was shot...
I had a bill saying they had been changed last year. The previous owner had been stung!!!
Just had both bottom arms done along with N/S top arm and ARB link arm, as well as 4 wheel alignment.
Have no grinding noise now Very Happy just an intermittent suspension fault occurring?? Confused

Post #180605520th Apr 2017 11:11 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >