DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

window trim
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
al cope

England 
window trim

Chaps

My D4 is ony 16 months old, but the rubber (if it is rubber) around, mainly the rear door windows, isnt black anymore. Its more grey and very blotchy (white-ish blotches). I'm guessing its something its been cleaned with at the car wash or when its been in the dealers and come back "cleaned".

Whats best to get it back to black - I didnt want to just have a go with the silcon "back to black" stuff in case that caused me more issues.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #177211531st Jan 2017 5:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
alfamale

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

Have you tired peanut butter? Look before you laugh:

http://www.disco4.com/forum/topic149242.ht...nut+butter

Thumbs Up
 Front Runner Rack, OEM Ladder & RAI, Tuff-Trek Foxwing, B'rakhah Ingonyama Expedition Trailer, RLD's Spare Wheel Protector, Bodsy's Bars, Empty Pockets! Member of Gloucestershire & Worcestershire 4x4 Response.

Post #177211731st Jan 2017 5:50 pm
Kilovolt

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Picture or two maybe?

As many of us have much older cars (mine 4 years old with 72K on the clock so quite the baby of the bunch) but I've never seen such tell tale 'greying'. As rubber is a natural product (and subject to process manufacturing in the form of vulcanising), is it possible you have a duff (poor quality) product?

I use professional traffic film remover and pressure washers (as I'm sure we all do) and I have never seen such 'blotching' (on any make of car I've owned) Question

Me thinks show the stealer before attacking it with anything Rolling Eyes

Good luck.
 "Track day running - Don't put your foot back on the accelerator until your absolutely sure you don't have to take it off again"

Current Ride: D4 XS Commercial Baltic Blue SDV6 fully loaded with heated everything Smile
Track Days: BMW E36 M3 Evolution MY 1996 (3.2 Litre 377 BHP sat in 1,250 Kgs of car, with a pro safety cage and some serious braking power) Smile 

Post #177212131st Jan 2017 5:52 pm
dadof7kids

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Trim glitz like here.. http://www.monzacarcare.com/products/?cate...p;start=15

Post #177214531st Jan 2017 6:27 pm
al cope

England 

Here are some pics - I know they look a bit like water marks, or if some sort of lacquer has come off. Ignore the actual rain water - they are still there when its bone dry.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

All I know is they dont look very nice.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #17724541st Feb 2017 1:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dannyson

England 

My MY16 is exactly the same..... blotchy trim....used a number of 'back to black' type stuff but doesn't last very long.... a week or two maybe?
 2016MY Discovery HSE - Black
2009MY Toyota Land Cruiser (Lc4) - Black 

Post #17727631st Feb 2017 11:40 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >