Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Scandinavia 2017 Road Trip
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 9 <123456789>
spikekellyrm

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Haha that's brilliant, thanks a lot.

I spotted the camera but began to doubt myself as it wasn't rotating.

As you saw, we had 3 hours allocated but as we were the only people, they just said let us know when you're ready to leave. With the centre closed and freezing blown snow, half an hour was plenty!

Noticed on the way back that the heated seats, front and rear heated screens aren't working. The buttons all light up though. Not checked fuses yet but guessing it could be related to pulling the battery management sensor. As it's changed the way the alternator works, maybe it's changed the allocation of power to non essential equipment.
 D4.5 Facelift, Lazer ST4, Prospeed underbody and rack, IID BT, Compomotive/BFG KO2, Series MFlaps, RAI, Dog Gd+XBB, Alive Tuned, T-Max/YellowTop, RemoteFBH, GlassesMod, WheelWinchMod, Jack Mod, LED Mods, Seized Crank Mod....  
Post #18011177th Apr 2017 7:12 pm
spikekellyrm

It felt a little like Jurassic Park, going around the abandoned visitor's centre.

D4.5 Facelift, Lazer ST4, Prospeed underbody and rack, IID BT, Compomotive/BFG KO2, Series MFlaps, RAI, Dog Gd+XBB, Alive Tuned, T-Max/YellowTop, RemoteFBH, GlassesMod, WheelWinchMod, Jack Mod, LED Mods, Seized Crank Mod....  
Post #18011407th Apr 2017 8:37 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

The centre does nice waffles & coffee, it was about all I could afford (well justify) with the prices there. Odd seeing it all white, used to seeing it green and full of campervans.

U heading through Alta next? Cheap (well for that part of the world) diesel at the Esso station, 13.32NOK/l according to DKV app. Thumbs Up

Enjoy the comfort for tonight, got my hotels booked for end of July trip. I just know I'll be totally fed up with wild camping but then. Whistle

Post #18011447th Apr 2017 8:49 pm
spikekellyrm

Deciding on the route as we go. I think we filled up in Alta this morning.
Yeh it was nice to get a shower today so quite possibly will stick another hostel in between here and the ferry on Wednesday evening. Unless I summon the courage to get in a lake...
Post #18011557th Apr 2017 9:20 pm
spikekellyrm

Plugged the BMS sensor back in today and the heated accessories all worked. Left it in as it was charging consistently.

Post #18015278th Apr 2017 9:37 pm
spikekellyrm

Left Honningsvag yesterday morning and headed south. After not finding anywhere to stay and wig light failing we decided on a Burger King and a hostel. Cheapest hostel on booking.com turned out to be a nice really nice hotel/hostel in Kiruna called SPiS. We headed south again today on the Inlandsvagen E45. Currently in the vicinity of 'the wilderness road', between Vilhelmina and Dorotea. We turned off and headed up some tracks that were a bit snowy, after trying another I just persevered. We're a few miles up it now, decided to camp on the road, a nice private spot when your car can take you places others can't! I reversed up the last section (that's why there are wheel marks infront).

Post #18018429th Apr 2017 10:17 pm
spikekellyrm

My mate that flew home just sent me some of his phots. So here's some more in no particular order. Quite missing skiing now, 2 days felt enough at the time but another would have been nice.
It's chucking it down now, first time in two weeks. Continuing all day tomorrow too Rolling Eyes I think the plan is to hang about this national park area and find the waterfall, stay here another night before continuing south

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #18018469th Apr 2017 10:28 pm
spikekellyrm

So we found the waterfall. It was up quite a tricky road, in hindsight wasn't maybe a good idea to drive it. We drove roughly halfway up it then walked uphill the last mile and half. Quite hard work in the deep snow. We were rewarded at the top though, the waterfall was in full force.
We then moved on and stopped in a little loop of track by a lake. First time with the tent not on snow, the wind was bad in the night and an 0400 guy-rope session was needed.
I read LRM magazine a day late (because I got accused of being antisocial), had I read it a day earlier I'd have seen that the wreckage of a Lancaster bomber was exactly on our route and could have visited!

Post #180281912th Apr 2017 4:24 pm
spikekellyrm

Yesterday we left the area of the wilderness road
http://www.wildernessroad.eu/companies/doc...gen_en.pdf
And headed towards Oslo for the ferry. We stopped just past halfway, after not finding anywhere nice I spotted a huge lake in the map which had a one long coastline facing the sunset. This was our last camp. Photos below. Now in Oslo about to board the ferry to Fredrikshaven, DK. I google mapped all the camp spots so will upload those at some point. Not that spots are hard to find, but just for reference. Oh, and no apologies for the photos of me getting in the lake
Post #180282012th Apr 2017 4:28 pm
spikekellyrm

Post #180282812th Apr 2017 4:39 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Wreckage of a Lancaster? Pls tell me more. Thumbs Up

PS Easy Elsie near Porjus?

Last edited by DSL on 12th Apr 2017 4:44 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #180283012th Apr 2017 4:41 pm
spikekellyrm

http://wikimapia.org/7064331/Easy-Elsie

That's all I could find. But in LRM a father and son had travelled there in their defender.

Post #180283212th Apr 2017 4:44 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Found it, got a pin in the site and is now on the to-do list for July. Mr. Green

Bow down Thumbs Up

Post #180283912th Apr 2017 5:00 pm
spikekellyrm

Was meant to camp in Belgium/Netherlands tonight and get the tunnel at 1330 tomorrow. I figured the journey on a bank holiday Friday would be horrendous UK side. We drove from Fredrikshavn in northern Denmark to the tunnel in 15 hours. Cost £3 to shift our ticket to tonight. Bargain! Means we can get up to Manchester hopefully before the evening tomorrow. Tired now though after that journey! The disco has cleaned itself too, I was liking the two tone sandglow and Baltic colour scheme
Post #180334813th Apr 2017 9:54 pm
Iceman08

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Great pictures mate.......I'm very envious of your trip!

Looks like you had a good time Thumbs Up

What was your knife on your waist in the one picture........Mora Companion?!

Last edited by Iceman08 on 14th Apr 2017 2:33 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #180335613th Apr 2017 10:13 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 8 of 9 <123456789>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >