DISCO3.CO.UK > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Caravan site - southern Brittany
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
al cope

England 
Caravan site - southern Brittany

Guys

any good recommendations for sites in southern Brittany - Carnac/Morbihan area. I've found a Castels site (and we like castels sites) La Grande Métairie, anybody been here - seems to be mainly statics.

Wth large twin axle 'van, looking for something approx 130 sq mtr pitch sizes, none of this piddling 80sq mtr rubbish, as we may need to get pup tent on as well as the awning.

Havent got screaming kids any more (and dont want any of anyone elses running madly around thanks), not bothered about "entertainment", but a pool and bar would be nice, takeaway or small restraunt would be handy.

We have done further up that coast before, Benodet the year before last, but thought we'd try this bit this year.

What have you got?
Thanks
Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Last edited by al cope on 20th Jan 2017 7:48 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #176635920th Jan 2017 7:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JackNorris

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Be interesting to hear thoughts on this. Thumbs Up
 MY2023 Discovery 5 R-Dynamic 3.0
MY2020 Discovery 5 Landmark 3.0 - SOLD
MY2005 Discovery 3 V8 4.4 HSE - SOLD
MY2019 Discovery 5 SE 3.0 - LR Replaced !
MY2005 Discovery 3 S 2.7 - SOLD
MY2016 Discovery 4 Graphite - SOLD
MY2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech - SOLD 

Post #176636220th Jan 2017 7:38 pm
geoffsnook

Wales 

I quite Ty Nadan that's a castles site but not to sure if its quite where you want to be smaller than the one you said but plenty to do and i think they have some large pitches Thumbs Up
 Discovery 3 se gone
Range rover sport supercharged here:) 

Post #176636420th Jan 2017 7:40 pm
al cope

England 

Yeh, looked at that one, a bit back inland, which isnt a major issue, but looking at what else might come recomended

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker

Post #176637320th Jan 2017 7:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
geoffsnook

Wales 

Domaine de l'Orangerie de Lanniron
Done that one as well Quimper is very nice but to be honest any of the les castles sites around there are very good Thumbs Up
 Discovery 3 se gone

Post #176637720th Jan 2017 7:52 pm
al cope

England 

Been there about 10 years ago, wasnt too impressed as all the pitches where we were had really heavy tree cover so no sun on the pitch at all. Wanted to be further down along the coast this time.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #176665121st Jan 2017 1:03 pm
al cope

England 

Ok, sort of decided against the castels site given the revewis I've read - sounds a bit too much hustle & bustle for me.

Anybody been here: http://www.lemoustoir.com/en/

Looks slightly less busy than the Castels site and they seem to have 140sq Mtr grand confort pitches.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #176781923rd Jan 2017 6:30 pm
geoffsnook

Wales 

Not that one but looks quite similar to castles sites so should be good
 Discovery 3 se gone

Post #176782923rd Jan 2017 6:48 pm
G.W.

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

We were at Lanniron last summer. Was nice, for what it is. Clean and well-kept although it felt as though (and this was my opinion of La Belle France as a whole last year) everyone was too frightened to head outside.

Want somewhere to park? Easy.
Campsite? Half-empty.
Table for lunch? Bien sur!

Am watching this thread with interest also; Brittany was a revelation. I've always avoided it during July/August but last year (perhaps it was just an odd year) persuaded me that there should be somewhere peacful among the tourist crowds.
 "The quality remains long after the price has been forgotten." Henry Royce  
Post #176784723rd Jan 2017 7:33 pm
eluijten

Belgium 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

We went to Campsite The Conguel in Quiberon for several years. Good size pitches, good location and right on the beach...

http://www.campingduconguel.com/gb/index.php

Post #176791523rd Jan 2017 8:50 pm
al cope

England 

i'll take a look at that one.

We did the med coast last year, and were on our way south to Frejus when the tradegy happened in Nice. Given that, we didnt notice any difference in heading out and about.

We used Le Letty in Benodet if anyone want a nice site further up the brittany coast, but request a pitch towards the back of the site, they are bigger and quieter. The ones with the sea view were a bit overcrowed and manic (bloody tourists!)

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #176806924th Jan 2017 9:00 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >