DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Reverse lock up. 2006 Discovery 3 2.7 TDV6 Auto
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
localhero5

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Keswick GreenDiscovery 3
Reverse lock up. 2006 Discovery 3 2.7 TDV6 Auto

Hello, My First post. (ask for help)

Has anyone ever had a D3 auto gearbox lock up on them while reversing. She drives perfectly well in drive (forward) or in reverse when cold, but when reversing more than a few meters at running temperature the car judders to a nasty lock up. I've recently replaced all the brakes and first thought the parking brake to blame but today, after adjusting them as per the "bible" went out on a test drive and on a flat reverse up the road, she juddered to a transmission rocking stop (ruling out the brakes) the dash display lit up "F" presumably FAIL and she confirmed my suspicions. I turned ignition off and on, then managed a normal drive home (forward).

I do have a receipt for £3600 in the history for a major gearbox repair, modify and torque converter before I owened the car. Probably around 71K miles 4 years ago.

I've owned the car two and a half years, now at 109,000 miles. I have now replaced myself, Air compressor, both front bottom arms, front n/s wheel bearing, all discs pads and EPB shoes and blanked off the EGR valves. Someone else has replaced my alternator and later the aux belt and tensioner.

I love it, but hate fixing it, no other car will suit my family due to needing 3 child seats, towing a big twin axle caravan.
Thank you for adding me to DISCO3.

Post #17566212nd Jan 2017 12:11 am
Monkey_man

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

This is exactly what is currently happening to my d3 auto!!!! Are you able to even reverse? Or does it judder and turn F mode on straight away? Hope someone can help us out soon!!

Post #17592176th Jan 2017 10:18 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >