Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Swapping seats LHD to RHD
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Inigo

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4
Swapping seats LHD to RHD

Bought a lovely set of HSE seats from ajsms999 on here as I find my existing manual seats quite uncomfortable. The additional change in angle of the seat base as well as change of height should give me a better seating position, and I hope to get the memory to work as well so that after it has been driven by my wife, I can quickly set it back for me.

However, I forgot that the seats were LHD and it seems to be non-trivial to simply swap them over.

Seat bases are handed, but I could swap some internal components across, eg the looms and driver's seat memory module. Passenger seat has an occupancy sensor, drivers seat has a position sensor for the airbag.

So, I can drill out rivets holding driver's seat position sensor in place and swap across.
Click image to enlarge

Seat cushions can just swap from one to the other.

Driver's seat adjustable bolster is mounted on welded on brackets, even if I swapped these over, the seat back foam is shaped to allow these adjustable bolsters to fit, I could cut out the seat foam from the offside seat, but this might leave a hollow in the nearside seat which would be uncomfortable for the passenger. I cannot simply swap foams as they have a large cutout for the airbags on the outside edge of each one.
Click image to enlarge

Might just have to leave those for the passenger.

I have bought a driver's seat loom from MMJ and think I can use this to upgrade the existing passenger seat. All connectors are the same, except there is one 4 pin grey plug on the driver's side loom, but a 2 pin green connector on the passenger seat back. I think I should be able to remove the terminals from the existing grey plug and reuse the green plug from the existing passenger loom. However, after removing the orange terminal lock, I cannot see how to remove the terminals without damaging plug or terminal. Any ideas?
Click image to enlarge

Post #169244815th Aug 2016 4:53 pm
Tanglewood

United Kingdom 

Isn't there a plastic locating tongue which holds the terminal in place? Move across with a fine screwdriver, push down slightly on the cable, then pull it out.

Post #169245115th Aug 2016 5:05 pm
Inigo

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Managed to get Driver's side seat working, slight panic as airbag light came up on first install. Found I had bent some pins in the plug, bent them back and everything works fine.

Just fitted the passenger side seat and none of the motors are working.
I bought a new seat loom for passenger side, but re-used the existing (originally LHD driver's side0 switch pack. Removed the memory unit. Altered the CCF file to show 8 way passenger seats, but no movement in any direction.

Any ideas what I might have missed? I remember someone on here saying that a relay needs to be bypassed, or similar, is this necessary?

Might there not be a correct fuse in place, if so, which fuse position should I check?

Post #171097725th Sep 2016 10:02 pm
Inigo

Had another play with these today.

What works:
Everything on the driver's side.
On the passenger's side:
Heated seat, airbag sensors, seatbelt switch, airbags (at least no error message anyway).

What doesn't work:
Any of the motors on the passenger's side.

I removed the seat and on the bench, if I applied 12v to the seat back angle motor it moves.
But not if I apply 12V to either of the motors that move seat forwards/backwards or up/down. The motors seem to have an additional 2 pins compared to the other seat, I guess this is for the memory/position sensors. I assume that simply ignoring the memory element, the motors should still work?

Mention was made in an earlier thread of simply bypassing the relays. Which relays are these, and how do I bypass them?

Post #178461527th Feb 2017 7:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >