Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

People are unbelievable
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
romadog2004

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I used to live on a disused chicken farm and had lots of issues with people wandering on to the property.
Once my no. 1 dog alerted me to a car parked at the bottom of the drive. I came out of the house as the driver went to have a Censored by a bush.
Very funny looking back on it now especially his face when he realised that I was there with the barking dog, just by the open door of the car and he was trying to quickly put his tackle away, apologising behind his car. The trouble was he was frightened of my dog so didnt want to approach his drivers door. If only he knew my dog, the softest Lab about !! He said he didnt realise I lived there, so I just pointed at the house and car and asked him what they were then ?

Another time it was the awards afternoon for some kids football league at the local sports hall - car park was full and so people parked on side of single track road and then on my drive and its verges. They said that there were no signs saying they couldn't !!!! So I asked if they had signs on their front lawn ??

Post #166166831st May 2016 6:52 pm
maccers

England 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Yes, people are unbelievable!

I regularly have to stop fertiliser spreading or spraying because of someone walking in the field, no footpaths in the vicinity.

One field next to a housing estate is a nightmare. Occupants throw their grass clippings, dog Censored, general waste - concrete, branches, plastic over the fence, even taking down our fence and extending their gardens and veg patches!

I'll have to do some soil samples...field could probably do with some sewage sludge next year.... Laughing

Post #166167431st May 2016 7:27 pm
Pelyma

England 

Lost for Words wrote:
Pelyma wrote:
So if I've reported this as fly tipping should the council follow it up?

Not specifically as fly tipping if it's put in your bin, but if you report the fact that the campsite don't let their guests leave their rubbish, then yes, they should follow it up. Thumbs Up

Cheers Thumbs Up

Maccers, I used to back onto farmland and saw what people would do, a field of winter wheat might look like grass but tramping around on it or playing football doesn't do it much good.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #166168631st May 2016 7:55 pm
Brian_DL13

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Pelyma wrote:
What a weekend! Our delightful neighbors have an unlicensed campsite that runs under the 28 day rules and Sunday morning I find 2 of the campers strolling around our fields trying to talk to the ponies and got most agitated that I made them go whence they came - the neighbors denied they could be their customers because they told them all where the boundaries were Evil or Very Mad
Anyone any ideas how I can get the site owners to accept responsibility?

Is it one that's affiliated to the CC or the C&CC ? They have to be affiliated to have these 5-van sites without requiring planning permission. Assuming they are, discuss with the neighbour the option of complaining to the CC (or C&CC) ... If it's not affiliated, then they may well have contravened planning legislation ?

Post #166170931st May 2016 8:42 pm
Pelyma

England 

You don't need planning if you're only open 28 days, of course it is difficult to know if they are open more.

Post #166172731st May 2016 9:48 pm
maxbasscat

Ukraine 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

Difficult one on planning but any pitches could constitute 'material' development of the land. Does not sound right to me but looking at the thread point it's unreasonable behaviour that was the starter. Whether it's litter in the garden, people walking the dog in my garden, parking over my drive or yes even popping a head through the window to see what is going on. Some people are just plain ignorant.
 D3 2.7 Zermatt silver (not another one)
D3 4.4 V8 Zambezi silver
D3 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue
D3 2.7 (gone) Tonga Green
D3 4.4 V8 LHD Tonga Green
FFRR TDV8
Defender 300 

Post #166173431st May 2016 10:14 pm
Pelyma

England 

Lost for Words wrote:
Pelyma wrote:
So if I've reported this as fly tipping should the council follow it up?

Not specifically as fly tipping if it's put in your bin, but if you report the fact that the campsite don't let their guests leave their rubbish, then yes, they should follow it up. Thumbs Up

Had a phone call at 8:30 this morning from a very helpful chap. Unfortunately as he puts on his website that you must take your rubbish home he is in the clear. They are going to have a word with him, but it seems there isn't much they will do. Twisted Evil They do have dog poo bins apparently - I guess I should be thankful for that as I have enough of my own Laughing

Post #16618771st Jun 2016 11:15 am
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hmm, I remain to be convinced that that covers the duty of care, but I doubt it would be cost effective to put it to the test privately. I'm sure there must be something, but despite much rumaging through the EPA, I must say I'm struggling to find anything clear cut - seems to me that there is a bit of blurring of the lines as to whether it counts as commercial or houshold waste and under whose control it is. Not being able to deal with the caravan occupiers directly is obviously the big snag. Mad
 Current: Discovery 3 06MY (55 reg) HSE Auto Zambezi Silver Zambezi Silver Allisport Fast Road Intercooler, V8 Brakes, Silicone IC Hoses, EGRs Blanked, Remapped, De-Cat pipe, FBHIC
Freelander 2 2007 HSE Manual Tambora Flame
Previous: FL2 56 reg SE Manual Black (written off Sad )
Disco 3 06 reg B7S Manual Rimini Red Rimini Red
Disco 2 TD5 Y reg ES Manual Blue - Chipped Very Happy
Several Discovery 300 TDis

Post #16618941st Jun 2016 11:58 am
Pelyma

England 

Sorry they are tents not caravans. The whole thing is falling between cracks in legislation tbh.

Post #16619191st Jun 2016 12:45 pm
maxbasscat

Still think it is planning law contravention, unauthorised development of the land. You will be amazed at what that covers, try a quiet chat with planning enforcement officer suggesting nuisance, noise, additional traffic. I would be surprised if you return without some progress
D3 4.4 V8 Zambezi silver
D3 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue
FFRR TDV8
Defender 300 

Post #16619271st Jun 2016 1:09 pm
Lost for Words

Ah, yes, for some reason I'd got caravans in my head. That may make a difference.

Commercial waste is defined as follows:

Quote:
(7)Subject to subsection (8 ) below, “commercial waste” means waste from premises used wholly or mainly for the purposes of a trade or business or the purposes of sport, recreation or entertainment excluding—

(a)household waste;

(b)industrial waste; [F7and]

(c)F8. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

(d)waste of any other description prescribed by regulations made by the Secretary of State for the purposes of this paragraph.

Household waste being...

Quote:
(5)Subject to subsection (8 ) below, “household waste” means waste from—

(a)domestic property, that is to say, a building or self-contained part of a building which is used wholly for the purposes of living accommodation;

(b)a caravan (as defined in section 29(1) of the M1Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960) which usually and for the time being is situated on a caravan site (within the meaning of that Act);

(c)a residential home;

(d)premises forming part of a university or school or other educational establishment;

(e)premises forming part of a hospital or nursing home.

...so for tents that caravan bit obviously doesn't apply, and I would say that the premesis is used for "the purposes of sport, recreation or entertainment" (and indeed for a business), making it commercial waste and Section 47 Paragraph 2 would apply:

Quote:
(2)If it appears to a waste collection authority that there is likely to be situated, on any premises in its area, commercial waste or industrial waste of a kind which, if the waste is not stored in receptacles of a particular kind, is likely to cause a nuisance or to be detrimental to the amenities of the locality, the authority may, by notice served on him, require the occupier of the premises to provide at the premises receptacles for the storage of such waste of a kind and number specified.

That sounds to me like it would cover it? Idea
 Current: Discovery 3 06MY (55 reg) HSE Auto Zambezi Silver Zambezi Silver Allisport Fast Road Intercooler, V8 Brakes, Silicone IC Hoses, EGRs Blanked, Remapped, De-Cat pipe, FBHIC

Post #16619341st Jun 2016 1:25 pm
Pelyma

England 

The council have been out and have changed our collection point to the other end of our drive which should stop the issue for us. Hopefully it doesn't just push the problem onto another person.

Post #16619521st Jun 2016 2:29 pm
Lost for Words

Thumbs Up

Post #16619751st Jun 2016 4:23 pm
maxbasscat

Go with that but still think the nuclear option is available if you want with planning enforcement officer
D3 4.4 V8 Zambezi silver
D3 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue
FFRR TDV8
Defender 300 

Post #16619771st Jun 2016 4:26 pm
Pelyma

England 

Yes I think I'll keep my powder dry, I have a planning application in! I'm sure he'll go for a proper application eventually, if I catalogue the nuisance I might be able to kill it.

Post #16619931st Jun 2016 5:10 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >