Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 4

MY2016 Landmark
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
markate

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

You can phone your local LR Experience Centre and they can book you in as they have access to the LR database. My invite came through within about 4 weeks but that did include Christmas and the New Year.

Post #164653126th Apr 2016 8:30 pm
JackNorris

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

My experience took around 8 weeks to arrive Thumbs Up

Post #164667127th Apr 2016 7:58 am
Capt pugwash

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Landmark my2016 a few faults...

"Well Chuffed" is an expression that I have used often since purchasing my first Disco...a new Landmark earlier this year, I have now driven 9k miles and she has been superb...but...she has now started with a few niggles, that she is going into Marshalls to have looked at on Tuesday...

1/ Adapative Front Lighting System (amber light) ... just started her one morning & it has been blinking ever since

2/ Reversing Camera stopped working, have tried to access the camera settings but nothing happens when I try to enter them, just will not let me access the menu at all.

3/ Back two mesh sunroof blinds will not stay shut...been this way since new (I am not starting naffing around with them myself on a new motor, the dealer needs to correct this), although I will be suprised if they do first time in but remain hopeful !

4/ Now this may or may not be related to my lighting fault, but I have noticed that my pump for the air suspension appears to be running more often, and when I am sitting in traffic I am feeling the suspension "jiggling" trying to adjust itself...is this normal?
I now wonder if I have a suspension levelling issue that is generating a headlight error, because it is not correctly levelling and sending back the right signal, anybody able to shed "light" on this please.

She is booked in for a half day session on Tuesday, so we shall see what happens, but I do hope that she is not starting to play me up and sour what has been a wonderful start to our relationship! Neutral

On a positive note, Just back from St Mawes in her and she got plenty of looks & compliments...attached couple of piccies of her on the King Harry Ferry (a few more sections & that ferry could be a bridge/pontoon Laughing )

Followed a nice Disco onto the ferry....

Nice view of her from up above...

Post #168166117th Jul 2016 7:59 am
Big Pimp

Northern Ireland 

That is stunning looking.

Makes me all the more pleased with my choice - santorini black, privacy glass & sidesteps.

Post #168186717th Jul 2016 7:36 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

Dannyson wrote:
Shocked Replace side steps every two years..... WTF? Shocked

Have not had to just said if I had to would still be way cheaper and take several sets to get to LR prices.
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #168188117th Jul 2016 7:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Re: Landmark my2016 a few faults...

Capt pugwash wrote:

3/ Back two mesh sunroof blinds will not stay shut...been this way since new (I am not starting naffing around with them myself on a new motor, the dealer needs to correct this), although I will be suprised if they do first time in but remain hopeful !

The rearmost one on mine has been dodgy since I got it, TVLR had it in for two days to replace it and it was fine for about a week but went over a big bump and it shot open Sad I've just left it since Rolling Eyes
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #168191817th Jul 2016 9:03 pm
Capt pugwash

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Big Pimp wrote:

Makes me all the more pleased with my choice - santorini black, privacy glass & sidesteps.

Good man... Another Landmark to the clan I presume?
When do you collect her?

Post #168207718th Jul 2016 1:53 pm
Ginner

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

You'll enjoy the Landrover experience, bet you want to go back and do the full course.

I did the 2 day Lanta certificate, absolutely brilliant, oh and the Landrover experience in Skipton is by far the best place to do it if you have a choice.

J

Post #168223218th Jul 2016 8:10 pm
Big Pimp

Northern Ireland 

Capt pugwash wrote:
Big Pimp wrote:

Good man... Another Landmark to the clan I presume?
When do you collect her?

Yessir..... Another landmark.

I'm leaving it as close to November as I can feasibly get away with (that's when my sport lease is finished)... Will just have to slug it out in my RRS2 until then Laughing

Post #168224018th Jul 2016 8:26 pm
Capt pugwash

Visit to service at dealers yesterday to fix above issues...

1/ They could not fix the dynamic light fault issue, said they needed 2/3 days with it to get it sorted Shocked )..and another week and a half until they can get her in... Rolling Eyes

2/ Fixed the back two mesh sun screens...so far so good... 8)

3/ Did not fix the rear camera...still not working (should have checked this before I pulled away Embarassed )

4/ Tested suspension (no fault found) and said jiggling in traffic to self level can be quite normal for it if any load in the rear... Question

5/ Topped up my adblue... on request.

EDIT: going in next week now...fingers crossed lights get sorted as I have a trip to Lake Kontanz planned the week after 8)

Post #168266620th Jul 2016 7:36 am
Capt pugwash

An update... been in again for 2 days, they finally found that a bad wiring harness in the tailgate was stopping the rear camera from working and apparently creating the dynamic lighting fault/warning light...they did temporary repair until wiring harness is available.

The bad news though...they had the windscreen pillar trims off and have scuffed then badly on both sides at the top, and then to top it all, a 4" scratch on the front wheel arch and a slight scratch on rear door Crying or Very sad

Booked in once again in a weeks time Rolling Eyes

Post #168601929th Jul 2016 7:59 pm
Dannyson

England 

Shocked FFS!!.... Rolling Eyes
 2016MY Discovery HSE - Black
2009MY Toyota Land Cruiser (Lc4) - Black 

Post #168606229th Jul 2016 9:55 pm
Capt pugwash

Yep said something similar! WTF!!! Shocked ... they were rushing it last thing on a Friday after having it for 2 full days, and that was the net result, plus parking bays are tight at the dealer, so when it has been standing at the dealer I guess Tom, Dick & Harry have been brushing past it and scratched it!

Service manager said he will put everything right, so fair enough ...although it went in mint and now I feel it has been roughed up somewhat! Neutral

Post #168613530th Jul 2016 7:51 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

found answer to daft question. Embarassed

Post #17015926th Sep 2016 11:37 am
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Landmark standard (default) rims were as the pics. above. The other style 20" rim was a cost option.

I'll shortly be fitting 19" rims with ATRs's, muddy season will soon be here. Thumbs Up
 2006 D3 HSE (Original & still the best)-GONE
2010 D4 HSE (A bit bling)-GONE
2014 D4 HSE (Almost too bling)-GONE
2015 D4 HSE (A heated what?)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Written Off)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Surely the last!) PD1881 rims-GONE
2017 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography 

Post #17016056th Sep 2016 11:53 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >