Dorchester to East Anglia
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
kes1907

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
Dorchester to East Anglia

Ok it's a long shot but here goes.

THE PLEA:

I'm looking at getting back into paddling (kayaks) and one of my favourite boats when I was instructing years ago had just come up on eBay. These don't come up very often and I would love to do some retro youth recapturing.

Unfortunately it's miles away from me and the seller wants reasonable money for the boat considering its age so to make this viable is anyone coming to East Anglia from Dorchester area that would be able to assist with a 9'11" (3.1m) kayak? Obviously gratitude, biscuits, tea ,coffee, beer or beer tokens are available. I just cannot justify adding the cost of diesel from me to his and back again on top of the cost price of the kayak to fulfil my youthful nostalgic renaissance.

I know it's an ask but I'd be really greatful if anyone can help with all or part of a relay.

The seller is in Dorchester and I am in Norwich but obviously I would be willing to travel to meet anyone willing to move this closer

Cheers

Kyle
 From the Factory: '05 Java Black D3 S-spec, Manual, Heated Fr & Rear Seats, Cruise, HK High Line.

Mods from me: D4 Bluetooth PTI, Napa Leather Smooth Wheel & New Gearstick Gaiter, De-tango'ed Light clusters, RRS Grille Mod, Hid's4u L.E.D's in every bulb holder, Centre Cubby Fridge, Colour coded front bumper with front PDC, fogs and halo DRL's. Dash vent illumination mod. More power sockets. 

Post #152170629th Aug 2015 8:57 pm
sean 471

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Pursuit LE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi Kyle it's a while since we met. I might be able to help with this, but it won't be immediately been fancying one of these myself

Sean

Post #152170829th Aug 2015 9:00 pm
Beno2

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Have you got a link to eBay. Not that I want to buy but I do have one to sell Whistle
 D3 HSE

Post #152171029th Aug 2015 9:06 pm
kes1907

Wow hi Sean, yes I remember the meeting. Did you ever get the skates to Will? IIRC you had trouble getting hold of him.

The boat I'm after is on eBay with a buy it now and has 4 days left. But to be honest unless I can get some help with transport the asking price makes it a bit steep if I have to go down and collect it too
 From the Factory: '05 Java Black D3 S-spec, Manual, Heated Fr & Rear Seats, Cruise, HK High Line.

Mods from me: D4 Bluetooth PTI, Napa Leather Smooth Wheel & New Gearstick Gaiter, De-tango'ed Light clusters, RRS Grille Mod, Hid's4u L.E.D's in every bulb holder, Centre Cubby Fridge, Colour coded front bumper with front PDC, fogs and halo DRL's. Dash vent illumination mod. More power sockets. 

Post #152171129th Aug 2015 9:07 pm
Beno2

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

That is a good price..... Thumbs Up
 D3 HSE

Post #152174529th Aug 2015 10:17 pm
kes1907

I know.............shame it's that far away from me. Would add over £100 in diesel to go get it Crying or Very sad

Post #152174829th Aug 2015 10:20 pm
sako243

United Kingdom 

If it's of any help then if someone can get it up closer to Surrey I'm planning on travelling up to the Highlands mid-to-late October and could get it up closer to you. I haven't settled on a route yet but current thinking is perhaps Surrey -> Scotland -> Wales -> Surrey so a diversion up the A1(M) isn't out of the question.
 Ed
3.6 TDV8 Range Rover (Full Fat) 

Post #152175229th Aug 2015 10:32 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

I live near Dorchester and could store it pending suitable onward transport being arranged if that helps?
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #152189630th Aug 2015 10:58 am
Andy Metropolis

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Saw this post and thought of you Al
 Range Rover Velar HSE First Edition
Disco Sport HSE Lux
Evoque Pure Tech Gone
Disco 3 Metropolis gone
Freelander ES sadly gone
Ant 1963 SWB Series 2 still here
Audi A4 gone 

Post #152193330th Aug 2015 12:27 pm
DrLex

Iceland 

Sadly, I've ceased my trips to East Harling, otherwise I'd have offered.
Don't suppose this one in Ely matches the one in Dorch?
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #152194230th Aug 2015 12:45 pm
kes1907

Thanks for all your replies guys,

Dr lex, that's a shame, East Harling would have been fab. Thanks for the other eBay link. The Ely one is the middle spec boat of 3 in the pirouette range where as the one in Dorchester is the top spec.

Nevertheless would have been a perfectly good boat and I did have a go but sadly I was outbid at the last min

Last edited by kes1907 on 30th Aug 2015 8:57 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #152213730th Aug 2015 8:47 pm
kes1907

Deleted dup post

Last edited by kes1907 on 30th Aug 2015 8:54 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #152214130th Aug 2015 8:49 pm
kes1907

Deleted dup post

Post #152214430th Aug 2015 8:50 pm
kes1907

Deleted dup post

Post #152214730th Aug 2015 8:54 pm
kes1907

No Dosh,

Thanks that's great I may take you up on that offer Thumbs Up

Regards

Kyle

Post #152215130th Aug 2015 8:58 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >