Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

2013 D4 Centre Dash/Console Removal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Kilovolt

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4
2013 D4 Centre Dash/Console Removal

Forum newbie question chaps.

Does anyone have the procedure to remove the centre console bits in a 2013 D4 (mainly interested around the numeric keypad and CD player area).

I have the dreaded cold morning plastic rattle somewhere behind there (CD player slot area) which goes after the car warms up (oddly enough) and battering it with the palm of my hand momentarily shuts it up (although I am going to punch through it one of these mornings)!!

Thought I would just drill a hole through the dash and fill it with builder's foam (joking) however I can see how that might not be the smartest move ever Smile

Having owned many new LRs, I am not going to queue up at the dealership for the next 4 months pleading my case. Been there, done that, too often. Life is too short for that game.

But I have got a rather large rubber mallet Smile

Does anyone know how to get to the back of this please? An internet trawl shows nothing obvious for D4s.

Many thanks in advance.

Andrew.
 "Track day running - Don't put your foot back on the accelerator until your absolutely sure you don't have to take it off again"

Current Ride: D4 XS Commercial Baltic Blue SDV6 fully loaded with heated everything Smile
Track Days: BMW E36 M3 Evolution MY 1996 (3.2 Litre 377 BHP sat in 1,250 Kgs of car, with a pro safety cage and some serious braking power) Smile 

Post #149429729th Jun 2015 7:56 am
gofish

Hope this helps :

Post #14958262nd Jul 2015 7:51 am
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Welcome to the forum!

My first thought is to question why this is not being done under warranty as there is a rattle and squeak kit available to the dealer.

My second thought if attempting this yourself is to realise the importance of a wide plastic trim tool when removing the silver trim from the console, as a narrow one will kink it, and to appreciate how little slack there is behind the starter button, so much care is required. The rest of it is dead easy and at least you don't have to smack yourself in the mouth with the gearstick knob.

Thumbs Up
 Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Diagnostics for:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR
A not-for-profit enterprise

Post #14958302nd Jul 2015 8:11 am
Kilovolt

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Thank you very much for the video and advice.

>> My first thought is to question why this is not being done under warranty as there is a rattle and squeak kit available to the dealer.

Because I'm on about my eighth brand new LR (over the years) and I have spent a criminal numbers of hours in years gone by taking and fetching cars back from various Stealers. Range Rover Sport suspension squeaks: never did fix it I p/x back in. Full FAT RR which had more batteries and software than my laptop: fixed eventually. More Discovery 3 height suspension sensor changes than I can remember. I am a seasoned complainer but this one seems trivial. Evil or Very Mad

And its ages since I b@ggered something up and had to buy a new part (with a red face) Whistle Embarassed

Here goes.

Cheers.
 "Track day running - Don't put your foot back on the accelerator until your absolutely sure you don't have to take it off again"

Current Ride: D4 XS Commercial Baltic Blue SDV6 fully loaded with heated everything Smile
Track Days: BMW E36 M3 Evolution MY 1996 (3.2 Litre 377 BHP sat in 1,250 Kgs of car, with a pro safety cage and some serious braking power) Smile 

Post #14960792nd Jul 2015 6:30 pm
JPW

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Re-opening an old topic.

The My13 dash is slightly different. Does it still come apart in the same way? How does the 8 speed geabox dial come out? Does it just lift off with the whole console - or is it separate?

Any pictures would be much appreciated.

many thanks

Paul

Post #175198821st Dec 2016 2:16 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

It just lifts off with the console when you pop it up and off. Couple of connectors underneath. Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #175219221st Dec 2016 8:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JPW

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Bodsy, that's excellent, thank you
Paul

Post #175219521st Dec 2016 9:05 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >