Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Vibration at 700rpm (idle speed) smooth at 800rpm
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Cavalier

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Oh well another weekend without my Disco, just how long does it take for Landrover Tech and Dealer to fix a problem, nearly 2 weeks now. All I hear when I phone is: LR have asked us to check this and that, but no cure as yet. By close of day this Monday they will have had it for 80 working hours, I wonder just how many hours it has been worked on in reality. I wonder if I was paying and it was not a warrenty job, it would have been sorted by now. Whistle

Post #144942127th Mar 2015 8:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cavalier

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Well dealers have had the Disco for 2 and a bit weeks now, they gave me a call today to say they had a LR technician visit them yesterday, who told them that the problem with my car was normal, so that means the dealers cannot spend more time trying to fix it. LR technician has the last say. The dealer has suggested I contact LR customer care to see if there is a way forward. PM sent to our Pete.

So I assume everybody's Discovery 4 vibrates at idle. Rev engine to 800 rpm or more and is smooth, let drop to 750rpm (idle speed) you get a shudder then the vibration starts. Funny my other 2 discovery's did not do this, nor their demo model I tried to compare, must just be a my Discovery 4 benefit Rolling with laughter

Oh well picking the car up in a hour or so, keeping it at the dealer for so long is a great way of keeping the mileage down Whistle

Why do we put ourselves through this agony, if it was a computer you would bin it and try any other make, trouble is if I bin this Discovery I would only go and buy another one Embarassed masacist springs to mind.

Post #14518281st Apr 2015 1:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
motolite

Australia 

Mine's as smooth as once warm,but still get the 'tingles' when passing 2000.

Post #14521931st Apr 2015 10:35 pm
xyplex

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Get your dealer to check the vacuum engine mounts and make sure the vacuum pipes are not blocked and the mounts get good vacuum at idle.

Post #177914615th Feb 2017 6:12 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >