Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

New to the flock with little time to lose
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Dartanjang

Sweden 
New to the flock with little time to lose

Hi! Somewhat accidentally I became a D4 S owner a couple of days ago. I have been looking for a D4 for some time and won a web auction unexpectedly. One day before we had to leave for xmas vacation. So I barely had the time to bring the car home and then left home.

I have searched around extensively but am very confused about what spec my car has as you in the UK have other model designations compared to us here in Scandinavia, afaiu. What I can see so far is that my car is a 2011 D4 S TDV6, leather seats, 7-seater, and no nav/touch screen.

What I need to add is BT-phone connectivity and park heater (no need for remote, a timer menu option in the car display is enough). Can I simply buy a Nanocom and switch this on or do I need to buy additional hardware? The Nanocom is discounted until New Years so I would appreciate quick and straight answers from you more knowledgeable than myself so I don't miss out on the opportunity.

Cheers.

Post #139358021st Dec 2014 7:48 pm
Hedgehog

Germany 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 S Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Hi Dartanjang

Congratulations to you new D4. Your S should be the same as in other continental european countries. It is something like a UK specd GS.
To answer you questions regardíng the BT-connectivity it seems that you need the phone module and the switches since you should have the older model of the stereo system without integrated BT. The phone module is normally installed under the right rear quarter panel. Look there for a connector looking like this in my pictures of the phone module in my gallery.
Under the same panel directly under the side window you will also find the bracket and the corresponding connector for the remote unit of the park heater.

A simple activating is not possible. You have to add the hardware. Since you have no touch screen you should have the small 5" screen which can´t show the timer information.

The necessary hardware is the remote control system for the heating system which is offered by Webasto or one of the site sponsors.
For the BT-system you will need the phone module and maybe the steering wheel switches ( has to be checked, but operating just by the phone buttons on the center console should be possible)
Both options have to be activated in the CCF.

By the way: I have the pictured connector and also the phone module (newer FoMoCo Version with USB-lead) left over since mine is the newer version with intergrated BT.

Cheers

Hedgehog
 Hedgehog

Defender 110 HSE 3.0 i-6 Diesel MHEV - Fuji white / acorn coming soon (hopefully)
Jeep Wrangler JKU Sahara Indian Summer gone
Disco 5 Luxury Aruba / Light Oyster gone
Discovery 4 - gone but not forgotten -
Discovery 3 with some add ons - gone 

Post #14028557th Jan 2015 3:32 pm
Dartanjang

Sweden 

Thanks Hedgehog.

Regarding Timed Climate I have also understood my situation and contacted a site sponsor for a parts quote. A have already ordered a Nanocom in order to be self-sufficient in that aspect. Meanwhile I will also mount an electric engine and cab heater as that is more or less mandatory where I will use the car during winter. That and a remote for the Webasto will compliment each other fully.

Bluetooth phone connection however is still an open issue. I am unsure whether fitting a LR BT-module will work with my stereo. Steering wheel buttons I can do without as long as the radio control buttons for the phone will work and I will be able to pair the phone with the BT-module. But I haven't been able to find a forum thread that describes this type of addition to a car with my config.
Another option that would also be perfectly fine would be to connect a Parrot or similar. But it's the same trouble here, nowhere can I find a thread about how this can be done for a D4 with the premium audio.
There are numerous threads on how to do both of the above for D3s, but I can't seem to find even one regarding D4.

But if you can provide me with technical documentation that shows that connecting a FoMoCo BT-module to my car is doable I would be happy to buy your leftover one. Technically I'm game (working in the vehicle electronics field), I just need the proper info.

BR,

//D

Post #14031467th Jan 2015 9:06 pm
Hedgehog

Dartanjang

let me dig in my treasure chest. Maybe I can find something suitable for you.

Hedgehog
 Hedgehog

Defender 110 HSE 3.0 i-6 Diesel MHEV - Fuji white / acorn coming soon (hopefully)

Post #14042689th Jan 2015 12:17 pm
Hedgehog

Dartanjang

took a little longer but

you got a PM Whistle

Cheers

Hedgehog
 Hedgehog

Post #140829215th Jan 2015 5:59 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >