DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Airbag Light
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Outlaw

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Airbag Light

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to show my appreciation to this site for helping me diagnose a problem that my 2007 disco developed....actually its developed plenty, and you guys have indirectly helped me on every single one of them via the 'search' button, so I thought it was about time I stood up and said thanks.

I had the airbag light come on, checked the fault code, which was 'airbag voltage resistance above threshold' and after the sinking feeling had settled down on what I thought was going to be a very expensive trace and repair, I jumped on the site and began looking for reasons for what could be the cause.

The main two seemed to be wiring under the drivers seat, and the rotary spring behind the steering wheel. After checking the wiring, which appeared to be okay, I just ordered myself a rotary spring (£160ish from a dealer, could've got it cheaper i know but felt happier getting it direct from my local dealer), had it swapped over....and hey presto, the light was cleared and has stayed off.

No messing about, no scratching of the head......the answers to all problems are all on this site and just need to be searched for and worked through and prioritised as what is the most likely cause.

My point is, that without you guys putting your discos faults on here, and I suppose more importantly, how you fixed them, or indeed just answering other peoples 'well, did that work?' queries, I would probably have gotten stressed, and spent a small fortune trying to track all my cars problems down.

Thank you all very much. I shall make sure from now on I comment and answer on all future problems my car gets, and if I can help others I will try my hardest to be of some (limited) assistance.

Damien

Post #137458016th Nov 2014 8:40 pm
tayaste

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Agreed, saved a small fortune with the help of the guys on here... But they've also cost me a small fortune in mods and things I didn't know I needed Rolling Eyes

Post #137459716th Nov 2014 8:59 pm
Outlaw

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Not modified anything yet I must admit......but theres plenty of time!

Post #137460516th Nov 2014 9:14 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >