Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Which headrest DVD player?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Dickbrowne

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4
Which headrest DVD player?

Morning all, hopefully somebody else has already been down this road and can help.

I do have to confess that this is a question of aesthetics more than function; having revealed my feminine side, I feel purged and can continue.

I have a MY10 D4 with the really dark leather interior, which I'm pretty sure is more dark grey than black. I also have a 14 year old daughter who has friends. She and her friends often travel in said D4 for quite some distance.

In order to keep them amused, I'd like to offer the option of in-flight entertainment by way of dvd screens, but don't really want the hassle of stowing them when they're not being used, so would like them in the headrest.

So far so good.

Here's where it gets tricky - I'd also like them to match the colour of the seats as closely as possible.

Has anybody else installed screens in a d4 with a good colour match?

If I could get the ones which also play games, can link to show the same DVD and also have wireless headphones, that would be a bonus too Smile

Post #137429016th Nov 2014 9:15 am
Mr.Tom

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Whilst appreciating the comment about not wanting to remove them, what about a tablet or ipad? Wifi dongle in the car and you gain Internet.

Or what about installing a console, such as a PS3? Mind you, you've still got find some colour coded screens

http://www.caraudiomag.com/specialfeatures...index.html
 Sill protection - LED internal lights - LED reverse lights - boot liner - Dog Guard - Rock sliders

MY12 D4 HSE - been and gome
MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #137432116th Nov 2014 10:31 am
Dickbrowne

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Thanks for the reply Tom, we do have the iPod option available to us, but the issue is that if we are travelling to Italy or spain (which we do) a lot of the journey is off contract and therefore expensive.

The content provision is reasonably easy to resolve, but the issue is, as you note, one of trying to not make it look like a cheap after market install (which, to be fair, it will be) which will cheapen thinker ion of the car.

I have looked at the Rosen units but baulked at the £750 supply cost Sad

Post #137432516th Nov 2014 10:41 am
Mr.Tom

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

I was thinking something like this, so that you could then change the SIM card to a local one if needed:
http://store.three.co.uk/view/product/ql_c...;gclsrc=ds
 Sill protection - LED internal lights - LED reverse lights - boot liner - Dog Guard - Rock sliders

MY12 D4 HSE - been and gome
MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #137435316th Nov 2014 11:34 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >