DISCO3.CO.UK > Other Site Sponsors

BAS emulators
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
BAS emulators

Syd wrote:
Can I ask lrserviceandrepair about the interface, is is similar to the BAS unit, does it have the ability to clear basic faults as we'll?
Also, is it possible to use the BAS interface to install your patch? This would be the perfect option for those of us with the BAS remap (as lots of forum members have this package)

A few photos of your unit would be good.

The BAS emulator and patch set isnt far arround the corner enabeling you to your BAS interface to apply a matching patch, emulators and blanking plate set Thumbs Up .

Using emulators stops the need for DTC to be deleted on cars that have electrically faulty egr valves and also diagnosticlly shows a valve present and working for the EU used readiness test at MOT time.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=what+is+...8geDloHQAg

Regards Pete

Last edited by bellautos on 17th Jun 2014 5:33 pm. Edited 3 times in total 
Post #129666911th Jun 2014 1:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NJSS

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Quote:
The BAS emulator and patch set isn't far around the corner

That's good news Pete - I'm looking forward to more details in due course.

NJSS
 Am I Gammon or Woke ? - I neither know nor care.

2016 Discovery 4 Landmark
2011 Mercedes Benz SL350 (R230)
1973 MG B GT V8 - 3.9L John Eales engine, 5 speed R380 gearbox, since 1975.
1959 MGA roadster - 1.9L Peter Burgess Engine - 5 speed gearbox
Past LRs - Multiple FFRs, Discos & a Series I - some petrol, some diesel,
none Electric or H2 fuel cell - yet.
There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those who don’t. 

Post #129667211th Jun 2014 1:04 pm
geoff.

England 

pete

just a quick one

i,m hearing rumours that the readiness test may come into force in the uk how does this affect the egr blanking Question

Post #129957017th Jun 2014 7:55 pm
bellautos

Yes Geoff, it will most prob be the same as currently used in some EU countrys as one of the pre MOT tests, the readiness test is looking for emmisions related and EGR faults as well as related items. If it fails to pass internal ecu checks it fails the readiness test and so the mot in some cases. Sad

Their is roumer that the readiness test/MOT tests will be expanded to the UK soon and will also be expanded in functionality to require the test to see when the car is ideling a working egr valve in respect of its reported postion in %.
Disabeling the valves in software only having them sit as 0% shows that the egrs are not active as they are sat what looks to be closed and makes me guess that it will fail any new EGR idle speed tests that may get forced upon us, hence why I personally think a total software solution is not future proof and the way to go!

For this reason and a few other privacy reasons as many know I didnt release my software patch solution a few years ago when I first did it and have been working on the emulation kit with my "tame programmer" ever since.

The emulation kit currently combined with a special matching BAS patch on the car will show fully working valves at idle speed in a diagnostic tools live data screen and they will show closed when the throttle is pressed just as a REAL working EGR valve would Smile

Using emulators as well as a matching software patch allows for a full readiness test to pass and shows what look like perfectly working and active egr valves at idle speed and is more future proof in my opinion unlike a total software patch.

A bit long winded relpy sorry....

Regards Pete

Post #129979118th Jun 2014 10:16 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
CUCO

Spain 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Pete,

Did you have plans for the 3.0?

Post #129988918th Jun 2014 2:10 pm
bellautos

Hi

The 3.0L though mechanicly simlar is quite different in its operation and so we have not looked into it as yet as a public solution. may be in the future as time allows we will look at it again but have not set plans to as yet.

Pete

Post #130027919th Jun 2014 12:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >