Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

has the penny dropped?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
amazing

China 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
has the penny dropped?

You may recall (or not) three services ago I was informed my screechy brake pads needed changing as they were down to 3mm. I had just fitted my coopers 60km before and at that time had taken pics of the pad thickness (I reserve the right to be nerdy like that)and the rears had about 6mm front over 7.A small disagreement followed (surprise surprise)
and when I received the followup call I duly gave a low rating to which I received a complaint that they need to score a 9 or above (fill in blanks on my response to that ).

6000km later time for another service(every 6k kms here) and guess what.....my brake pads are down to 3mm and need changing.....rinse and repeat...

followup call...... rinse and repeat....

anyhoo...some time later(almost 3 service periods later) my rear pads in fact did eventually require changing (light on pads at 4mm)

booked..went to dealer and said pads need changing to which the guy pulled out a torch and checked front and rear through wheels."rears for sure but your fronts look ok.I will get the front inside pads checked but they look fine."(in a Chinese way obviously)now we are getting somewhere.

so up on lift wheels off and ..."fronts don't need changing.just the rears"(again in a Chinese way)

at last an honest appraisal of work to be done. Thumbs Up

I am sure I am like many of you who know exactly what state your vehicle is in when you take it to service.

hopefully the penny is dropping on the harm misdiagnosed repairs do to the brand.

I know one swallow..blah.blah.blah but hopefully this spate of honesty will continue.

now..just need someone to teach them how to use a torque wrench correctly.... Rolling Eyes

and maybe they will get a 9.
 It is better to have and not need it then need and not have it.  
Post #128492716th May 2014 4:33 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Yup anything below a 9 is a fail for the dealers. Rolling Eyes
A bit rude of them to ask you to give you higher given what happened. Mad
Sounds like they deserved it, maybe they are learning.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #128493016th May 2014 6:04 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Maybe they are mending their ways, or maybe they just recognise the car as the one where the owner is onto their little scam. Whistle

Post #128494716th May 2014 7:57 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >