Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Door Stays Locked.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
SniperJ

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Door Stays Locked.

I have had trouble with the OS front door locking itself and refusing to unlock and then after a few days sorting itself out? Anyone had similar issues?? Annoying Sad

Post #14915417th Apr 2007 8:20 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

OS is that left or right, can never remember???? I've had all the doors lock on Mrs DSL's D3 with me outside & the engine running, not fun as I was offroading at Yarwell at the time!!! Latch had already been replaced replaced. Also had the latch replaced on my D3 as the door was locking itself when I closed it (front left door once on closing recently so still faulty) and sometimes refusing to unlock when I opened the door with the door handle. Locked Dealer thought that might be normal but not much good if I have to press the unlock button to get out in an emergency (and a pain in the ar$e if just getting out to open a gate).

Post #14924818th Apr 2007 8:16 am
SniperJ

The left hand side. It did the same thing on the rear left hand side door too, but that seemed to sort itself out. I thought that there maybe some sexy trick you can do on the key fob to sort it out!! Going on holiday soon involving a four hour drive - don't fancy telling the missus to crawl over the gear stick everytime she wants to get in or out!! Rolling Eyes

Post #14925618th Apr 2007 8:36 am
DSL

Ukraine 

Dealer should fix it with a latch replacement, though I had to take it to mine twice as they could not find a fault 1st time. When it did it again I read the riot act to them & got it changed.

Post #14925818th Apr 2007 8:38 am
Ian62

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Oh the idea of my missus crawling over my gear stick everytime she wants out sounds quiet intresting Whistle
 Stadt Panzer Power  
Post #14925918th Apr 2007 8:40 am
DSL

Ukraine 

Oooh errr Mrs Jones!!!! Shocked

Post #14926118th Apr 2007 8:43 am
dgrr

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

SniperJ wrote:
The left hand side. It did the same thing on the rear left hand side door too, but that seemed to sort itself out. I thought that there maybe some sexy trick you can do on the key fob to sort it out!! Going on holiday soon involving a four hour drive - don't fancy telling the missus to crawl over the gear stick everytime she wants to get in or out!! Rolling Eyes

Sniperj,
I had EXACTLY the same problem 2 wks ago... 2 days before departing on hols, it locked up. Rang my nearest dealer (Ripon LR) on Thurs night, took it in the following day (Good Friday!! My other nearest dealer, Armstrong Massey weren't even open - but no surprise there, to those of us up here!). On arrival, the damn lock started to work again! Anyway, according to Ripon LR, there are only 2 things which can cause the lock-up: either a slack cable link, or a faulty latch. Both looked OK to them, but they changed the latch (took an hour or so) for good measure. No problems since, and 1st class service from Ripon LR... so much so, I've booked in with them for my 1st service next week - droppng the D3 off the night before, & driving off with a loaned FL2 which should be interesting. Sorry to vere off topic a bit, but thought it worth mentioning.
 DGRR  
Post #14928318th Apr 2007 10:05 am
SniperJ

Thanks for that. I should be so lucky, I dropped the d3 of last week at LR Huddersfield for it's first service and was issued with a Ford Fiesta!! with (according to the fuel measurer) 6 miles before it needed a refill!!! Might have to go back and get em to sort out the locks. Think i'll sit and wait rather than fill up one of LR's cr*p courtesy cars for an hours use. Thanks for your help

Post #14934618th Apr 2007 12:28 pm
dgrr

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

SniperJ wrote:
I dropped the d3 of last week at LR Huddersfield for it's first service and was issued with a Ford Fiesta!!

Yes, it was not much more than an hour's wait whilst they fixed it... the time flew by, but then I was scoffing a couple of their croissants, washed down with a capuccino in their lovely showroom!
Whenever your 2nd service is due, you should certainly give Ripon a call - they seem to fully understand the concept of customer service. And to think that I didn't even buy the D3 off them!
 DGRR  
Post #14937018th Apr 2007 1:30 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >