DISCO3.CO.UK > Wheels & Tyres

New Tyres - For Sand and Long non motorway drives
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
JudeOman

Oman 2006 LR3 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Baltic BlueLR3
New Tyres - For Sand and Long non motorway drives

Hi there,

First post here. I have had my LR 3 for about a year. I bought it second hand and had it checked out by a Land rover mechanic and now pal. I have put about 3k euro fixing it up:
New pump for suspension
new suspension
new steering bushes

I still have a few things left like replacing the 'land' part of the bonnet badge and sorting out why when it rains I have a puddle in my foot well and one of the back doors child locks won't turn off.

Anyway, I guess that history was just to get it off my chest. I need some advice on getting new tyres, the ones I have are on the way out. I use the LR 3 everyday for a short commute on the highway. Then at the weekends on sand dunes and secondary roads.

For example this weekend I drove to the desert on windy roads about 400km round trip with 50km approx over soft sand/dunes. Then yesterday i had to drive to Dubai, 4.5 hours one way, for a meeting and then drove back int he same day. This would not be an unusual weekend at least once a month. Approx 1,000km this weekend.

So can someone please recommend a tyre for my machine? Also, if anyone knows if they can be bought in either Dubai or Muscat that would be a huge plus.

Cheers

Jude

Post #122078420th Jan 2014 1:59 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >