DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

105k service. Whats included in LR schedule
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Kummu24

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
105k service. Whats included in LR schedule

Hi there

just booked my car in for the 105k service at a dealer (wasn't too far off indy pricing and keeps my service book 100% LR) and they tell me that in the latest LR kits the idler pullers are included. I also asked if all 3 belts are changed and they said yes. Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks

Post #11808221st Nov 2013 5:44 pm
Durham4416

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I was having a look through the wiki lastnight and there's a copy of the service schedule on there, think it lists everything they are Sopposed to do

Post #11808411st Nov 2013 6:24 pm
Kummu24

Hi

Thanks for that - an area of the site I hadn't really been through. Very helpful.

Anyway, with the use of the word 'belts' TWICE, it certainly looks like there are at least 3 belts changed as standard

'Renew ancillary driving belts (Diesel)
Renew front and rear camshaft timing belts, tensioners and tensioner bolt' (Diesel)

Still wondering if the idler pulleys are now included and changed as standard though[/u]

Post #11808481st Nov 2013 6:40 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

At a service, it is done to the letter, unless extras are specifically asked for
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #11808951st Nov 2013 8:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Kummu24

Hi Mikey

I actually asked them to quote the service first and then asked how much extra for the pulleys but they came back and said they are now in the latest kits so it was already included in the service cost. Just concerned something is getting lost in translation and they are talking about tensioners. Think I will call back on Monday to double double check.

Post #11809131st Nov 2013 9:07 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Here's the schedule http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...0miles.pdf , if I remember rightly it's a minor service plus belts. Thumbs Up

Post #11809141st Nov 2013 9:09 pm
Disco_Mikey

Del is correct. Oil and filter, pollen filter and belts Thumbs Up

To the best of my knowledge, the genuine kits still only come with a new tensioner and bolt, and not the 2 idler pulleys...
 My D3 Build Thread

Post #11809241st Nov 2013 9:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Kummu24

Sounds like I definitely need to get it clarified

Post #11809341st Nov 2013 9:28 pm
Kummu24

Just to confirm, as Mikey stated above, and as I suspected the idler pulleys are indeed not "now in the kit". Think the service coordinator was confusing the tensioner and idler pulleys

Post #118920717th Nov 2013 11:35 pm
Blobby

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Just had my 105k service done today at Stratstone main dealer. It's a basic 'A' service + belts and invoice lists:

1013938 Plug - oil drain
1311289 Filter - oil
LR016655 Belt - timing
LR019115 Kit - timing belt
PQS500370 Belt
LR023977 Filter - odour & particles
Z530 SLX 5/30 Oil Castrol
STC4672 Screen wash

Post #118966018th Nov 2013 11:19 pm
geordie sheraz

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 3
stratstone land rover,lemington glassworks,timing belt n

hi guys my dicso3 ona 56 plate just had a timing belt done from land rover stratstone at lemington glassworks. they had a special offer on for 399 for the 2 timing belts,,they kept the vehicle from 9 to 5 ,but said they would only have the disco for 6 so they gave me a discounted price of 340 pounds which i thought was great of them ..anyhows roll on about 20 miles later and i hear a very loud pop and the engine sounds louder ,like ive got a sports exhaust from the manifolf straight through,,and loss of power and of course lots of black smoke ,-i panicked thinking the turbos blown,,anyhow tried to get hone about half a mile away and the vehicle just wouldnt climb a little steep road so got recovered at a cost of 60 pound and ,looked under the bonnet and a pipe was hanging off with oil dripping ,long story short the land rover garage has forgotten to tighten the inlet manifolf pipe jubilee clip and it had come off..,i was foaming to say the least ,and this was after requesting that a master mechanic do the job not a young yts lad training ,,anyways phones stratstone lemington and the asked me to come in .,the car was also showing to messages on the dash they were-are-suspension fault normal height only and -special programs off -,went in showed them the offending pipe ,i said i wanted a new one fitted by them -they agreed .went in this was saturday part came today i was booked in for 9.15 am went there,and waited in line shockingly they only have one guy on the service desk and there were 2 customers infront of me and then me and the service guy seved 4 people then i spoke to the dealer principal and let hin know this wasnt on ,they cocked up and seeing as the pipe off and a new one on was probably a 10 minute job -let alone serving ppl who had come in after me just because they were being verbal about the wait and having,,shambles appointments .,anyhow told the dealer how it was ,and to be fair he has been sent from stockton as he says he has come here knowing they have issues and problems they need to resolve (that reminds me there was also a clip missing which land rover mechanic said hed get one as well as a new pipe have to check ) anyhow he took my key of me and i had several calls couldnt have been more than 15 minutes and it was done e came out said ,that he didnt hide or shy away from problems that need resolved ,also gave me a cheque for the recovery and payment to the fella for putting the pipe on and tightening the jubilee clip £80 pounds including recovery.nice chap hope he sorts out that garage nor very customer freindly ,danielle was the only person i found nice in there and the dealer principal .anyhows ,ive just put a rac gold,warranty for £999 for 3 years cover as it has done 115000 miles ,and i shall be taking it to land rover team valley as they i find were very accomodating (graham hedley ) what a nice gentleman ,cant do enough for you ,only heard good things about them and hope they will look after me as they do a great job looking after freinds of mine ,nothing is a problem for them guys,took my jeep in saturday ,gave me a new key i ordered a few days before, and reset all the messages as he said there were many reset everything.,now just to see why every time i go to a carwash these massages about the suspension appear and the programs sometime dont work(mud rock snow ,sand)also a whinign noise sometimes when the suspension has been raised,every turn of a tyre and it whines once every time the tyre fully turn lasts about a minute or two.,-i was sold this the garage said they have put new fuel pump and suspension compressor ,,but im going to let team valley deal with all this via warranty incase they become big jobs as i have already spent 1000 pounds .new key secing new key on order (as the old original keyworkd and sometimes doesnt now ,only since i got the new key on saturday , that was 145 pounds windows tinted 200 pounds,-timin belts 340,-2 new tyres including fitting 380- lastly it drinkg=ks a lot of diesel and ideas welcome ,should i take off the egr valves with a remap??? thanks for listening guys sheraz westerhope ,newcastle

Post #120068411th Dec 2013 1:20 am
Biffysun

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Lot of info in there mate Confused EGRs? check and if they aren't blanked, get it done, end of! Thumbs Up

Post #120068711th Dec 2013 1:34 am
geordie sheraz

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 3

thanks biffysun -wonder if my local land rover garage would blank them or remove them

Post #120069011th Dec 2013 1:46 am
Biffysun

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

If you have a few tools and are game enough to follow some instructions you can do it yourself, basic blanking kit can be had from £10 up to about £50, LR Assistance apparently use 2p pieces as a 'get you home' if they fail!! Shocked

as an example -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAND-ROVER-DISCO...1e7169d78e

or from BAS (site sponsor)

https://secure.bellautoservices.co.uk/stor...ing%20Kits

Thumbs Up

Post #120069111th Dec 2013 1:52 am
Disco_Mikey

That hurt my eyes trying to read that...
 My D3 Build Thread

Post #120070511th Dec 2013 7:47 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >