Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

TMC and rear window aerials.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Bogblaster

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4
TMC and rear window aerials.

I have an 8.5MY HSE, and find that the TMC is sporadic at best and seems to spend more time with the red line through it than active.

When packing the car up last week I noticed that there are 3 aerials on each rear glass panel (my car has TV) however on the passenger side the middle one is there but nothing is clipped onto it, ie the aerial is not connected, is this correct?

Could one of you nice chaps with an 8.5MY HSE please compare?

I know that TMC works over the FM frequency and therefore may be carried into the system by the same aerial that does the radio, but that doesnt explain why the TMC reception is so Censored .

I took a Tomtom with me as the TMC on that is so much more accurate and all the way across Europe it worked perfectly whereas the LR one spent most of the time with red line through it.

Also the drivers side rear entertainment module doesnt work, any ideas?

Cheers

BB Thumbs Up
 D4 HSE Luxury SDV6,
Cameras, tow assist
Defender 90 Adventure
A4 Avant 3.0l TDI Twisted Evil
CLUB MTR
CLUB BLACK ALLOY
CLUB FFRR RIMS
CLUB VREDESTEIN WINTRAC 4 EXTREME 

Post #36681530th Oct 2008 10:58 am
BORDER ROVER

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I have a 08MY and the passenger side aerial screen is not plugged either, i don't have TV fitted but in certain areas the TMC doesn't work.

I take it by rear entertainment module you mean the headphone plug in and volume controls for the passengers that is in the top of the panel of the doors. Just after i collected my car from new, my daughter complained that it didn't work, it was only the rear right pass door one that didn't work, after i checked all fuses that was connected with the entertainment system it was a trip to the dealer where they found the fault was one of the amplifiers in the head unit for the stereo. They had to order a new one after replacement it worked ok.
 POT NOODLE NAVIGATION CHALLENGE 2010 WINNER
Club Sankey
Club pie and peas 

Post #36682030th Oct 2008 11:08 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

bogblaster - our TMC was naff and I had them look at it, you can re-tune the TMC station separately in the TMC setup by the way. Should be on classic FM for the UK. If your tuned to Radio Blanik your in trouble Wink

It does seem to be a bit random, I am wondering if you need to manually re-tune when you are crossing countries? Our Garmin works like a dream, except in the UK where it take about 30-45 minutes to get a signal, and by then we are stuck in one of the south-easts many traffic jams.

Post #36682130th Oct 2008 11:16 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >