DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Thinking of changing!?!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jkp

Scotland 
Thinking of changing!?!

NOT!!!!

Just spent two weeks in the states on the annual family trek. I decided this time to upgrade the car to something decent.....oh' what a mistake.

On arrival I was given a Jeep G-Cherokee. Initial impressions were okay, leather, sat-nav, nice colour, big petrol engine.....ok, were off...
24hrs later travelling done I-4 at the suggested speed of 55mph <aheeemm> It decided it wanted to throw a wheel bearing. That was an interesting experience. Later that day the car was replaced by a Dodge Durango with a nice V8. A monster of a thing, but what a handleful to keep on the road. During the thunderstorms and rain from Tropicalstorm Alberto I manged to spin it twice at low speed. It didn't matter how slow you started it would always spin in the wet. A nice call to Dollar and they came and collected it. Apparently the have had a batch with issues around TC problems...no Censored ! They then gave me another Jeep and what a pile of poo!

Getting back into Glasgow yesterday and into the D3 was very satisfying, although I would still prefer to be on hols.

Post #6642426th Jun 2006 12:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gazavich

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Be honest you could'nt wait to get back home and drive a proper 4x4

LANDROVER DISCOVERY 3, WHAT A CAR Wink
 HSE TDV6 Silver : "Avin it large"

www.lift-trucksolutions.co.uk 

Post #6649426th Jun 2006 4:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jkp

Scotland 

I made the mistake, thinking I could get something like I was used to driving. The 5.7V8 Hemi durango was a hoot, but I'd have ended up taking the family the quick way to the ER Confused

Next time I'll stick with the chrysler neon 8)

Post #6649826th Jun 2006 4:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >