Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Thinking of buying a D4...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Old Jack

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4
Thinking of buying a D4...

I've had a test-drive of both an XS and HSE and have a few questions.

A little bit about me and the potential use of the D4. Short travel to work etc will be the main use but it will be used off-road and to tow a reasonable sized trailer with building materials for a "project" me and my brother have taken on which has no real road access. Also for European trips assuming the whole thing does not descend into anarchy on the continent. I had a 300TDi a long time ago but due to work taking me abroad regularly we decided to only have medium sized older cars to save on costs but I am now back in the UK permanently.

XS or HSE? What extra's would you go for if you were ordering for yourself? I intend to self fit a few bits and pieces. Used or new?
If new what is availability like and what target dealer/broker discount should I be aiming for?

Thanks in advance as all help is greatly appreciated.

Post #87128515th Dec 2011 2:19 pm
chopdogs

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Hi Old Jack

Welcome to the forum Thumbs Up

I have an HSE and love it. The car mags reckon an XS is "all you'll ever need" but you need to review the differences and decide whether the "upgrades" are worth the money.

Be aware that site sponsors can unlock the 4x4 info, timed fuel burning heater and other elements - I'm sure someone will be along soon to tell you exactly what they can do.

I would strongly advise spec'ing the heated steering wheel - it's a very cheap upgrade from the factory vs a retrofit. I wish I had one!

Personally, I don't think that the surround cameras are worthwhile - you do need them for the tow hitch assist so it may be tempting - but the reality is that if you have the standard rear view camera (which you can get without the full surround camera system), you can see the top of the tow hitch anyway so it's pretty easy to line up to the trailer.

With regard to pricing - I got an ex demo model and got a good discount. Of course, if you go this route, you get what you get (hence why I don't have a heated wheel Banging Head

Hope that this helps

chopdogs
 14 Disco 4 HSE  
Post #87140015th Dec 2011 7:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

if you go for the XS get the armrest option which includes electric seats

ive been looking at replacing my HSE with an XS as a lot of the HSE stuff I dont use.
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #87146115th Dec 2011 9:23 pm
crews control

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Of course... half way between the XS and HSE is the Landmark... unless they've all gone? ie. all the good bits off the HSE without the cost.
Thumbs Up

Post #87149515th Dec 2011 10:37 pm
Peely

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 4

I'm new here too, cracking site by the way ! Wink

I was going to post a similar question as I am looking at buying either new or 12mth old XS or HSE D4. I have decided that the GS without the Sat Nav etc is not specced enough for myself, but the XS seems to have enough of what I would consider essentials, but would also like to hear what the HSE can offer for the £4-5k more ?

Is the 2012 model worth the extra and the wait ?
I missed one the other week, an ex demonstrator XS 255bhp 2012 spec at just under £40k which I thought was cheap enough ?

Anyway, back to the OP's questions ...............

Post #87221717th Dec 2011 10:21 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >