Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Temperature control
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
CG

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Temperature control

can anyone tell me if the interior temperature sensor can be recalibrated ? all of a sudden the interior temperature has dropped for any given reading compared to last week.

For a couple of years I have driven round with it set on 23, now I have to turn it to 28 to get near the same feel.

The heater is working, but seems to shut of too early?

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #5456804th Nov 2009 2:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BrumLee

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Chris, you need to put your big coat back on, the weather's changing Wink Laughing

Post #5457614th Nov 2009 5:37 pm
disco_steve

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Chris,

You should have gone to Specsavers, then you wouldn't get 23 and 28 confused Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
 Never get mad - get even !!

06 D3 now gone to family member and still going strong at 265k

previous vehicles:
04 D2 TD5 - (clocked 189k from new)
52 X-Trail 2.2 SVE
various euro boxes ! 

Post #5457634th Nov 2009 5:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

No calibration procedure is indicated

Quote:
The in-vehicle temperature sensor is a NTC thermistor installed behind a grill on the driver side of the center console finisher. The sensor is connected to a tube, the other end of which is connected to a venturi on the side casing of the heater. An air bleed from the heater, through the venturi, induces a flow of air down the tube, which draws cabin air through the grill and over the sensor.

Could be a Sensor, Distribution motor or Control module fault TBH

The only test I can find without knowing any DTC's is

Quote:
Distribution motor self-test

The motor and flap operation can be checked using the on-board distribution motor self-test function.

The self-test can be initiated by pressing and holding the ECON and RECIRC buttons while turning the ignition switch to the ON position.

The control module will then compare the current motor position with the values stored in the module and will indicate an error by flashing the ECON LED (light emitting diode).

If there are no errors, the LED will go out and the system will function normally.

To confirm that there are no errors, turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, then back to the ON position.

Observe the operation of the programmed defrost LED.

If there are errors present, the programmed defrost LED will flash and the system will attempt to calibrate itself.

For additional information on the function of the system, refer to the relevant section of the workshop manual.
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #5457724th Nov 2009 5:58 pm
CG

Thanks DG - a dealer trip me thinks

Steve - I did last Saturday and it made no difference

Lee- cheers mate. Thumbs Up

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #5459344th Nov 2009 9:54 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

You could just need the bit of foam for the sensor. It can get too hot from the heater box and automatically stop the hot air.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #5459644th Nov 2009 10:18 pm
CG

Good point, If I can find it and insulate it slightly, it will (in theory) restore the temperature range.

Post #5459944th Nov 2009 10:55 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

There is aTSB for it somewhere. I think you could do it yourself easily eniugh.
There is a photo on here somewhere.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #5460134th Nov 2009 11:17 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >