TDV6 Temp fluctuation
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Advanced Factors
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 
Reply3

A couple of questions also been asked

Have you changed your coolant gauge sensor in the top hose?

And does your FBH work?
 Paul Redding
+44 (0)23 8052 2774
Order Parts Online at www.advancedfactors.co.uk 

Post #190020311th Jan 2018 6:03 pm
Allan_T

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Re: TDV6 Temp fluctuation

TomD3 wrote:
Hi All,

IR themometer says large pipe into rad, temp sensor housing and coolant temp doesnt get above 54 degrees.

Does anyone have any further suggestions please?

Tom

Have you measured the temperature of the cooling system at different locations?
 GAP IID Pro Multi Vehicle Defender L316 2007-2015 - Discovery 3 - Discovery 4 - Discovery Sport L550 - Freelander 2 - Range Rover Evoque L538 - Range Rover L322 - Range Rover L405 - Range Rover Sport L320 - Range Rover Sport L494
Electrical Fault Diagnostics

Post #190025611th Jan 2018 7:42 pm
bbyer

Canada 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
Part numbers are tricky for the oil temperature sensor.

With reference to the Advanced Factors post, and for what it is worth, the part number for both my water temperature and oil pressure sensor on my circa 2005 petrol 4.4 L, North America / Canada spec is LR065234 where 0 is a zero. Other numbers for the same part are LR018397 and 4337456. I think however for newer model years of the 3 with the petrol 4.4L engine, the water and oil temperature sensors are not the same part number.

A part number that I have found for the oil temperature sensor for some of the diesels is 1359056 but what all this means is that one has to be careful with part numbers as the sensors vary with the engine and the model year. I therefore tend to think that installing the wrong sensor would really cause obscure problems.

I agree that this is a trial and error, throw parts at it kind of fix, but I would say that my ScanGauge temperature readout is now less unstable. (The instrument panel gauge never indicated any problem as it is so damped I guess.)

More importantly, the engine surging I was getting perhaps ten minutes after first engine start when the ambient air temperature was below -20C has not reoccurred to date - that concern seems to have gone away - a real relief as engine surging problems are tough to resolve - particularly when the fix is an obscure temperature sensor that does not show bad on any test instrument.
 2005 LR3 HSE 4.4L AJ-V8 petrol; Traxide Dual Battery; PIAA 2500K Yellow Ion H11 Fog Light bulbs; CounterAct LT-2 Capacitive Corrosion control; LLumar AIR80 Blue clear Infra Red blocking side window film; Liftgate manual release; Schrader Valve "air in" mod to OEM air suspension reservoir tank; Akebono ceramic pads; OEM solid vented discs; LR4 design hitch receiver; Wiggs D4 MOST bluetooth module; Clock on the Dash; 3 Flash signal light mod; Backup Camera; 2015/16 Nav Data update.  
Post #190038212th Jan 2018 12:05 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >