Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Tailgate won't open
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
maddogsetc

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
Tailgate won't open

Mother-in-law had the car today and though I'm sure its not related at all Whistle the tailgate now won't open. Can hear the solenoid (?) click but nothing doing. Tried the manual override (hold down interior lock and unlock buttons together for 3 secs) but no change. Guess its off to a stealer, unless anyone has any other tips?

Post #3066374th Jun 2008 10:38 pm
SN

Same as mine 10 days ago - sat it on the drive for 3 days and now it works - tiz at dealers for investigation along with bust diff and turbo...
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #3066434th Jun 2008 11:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Neil Pettersen

SN wrote:
... with bust diff and turbo...

You been thrashing it ?

Post #3067105th Jun 2008 2:08 am
TrackMuncher

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alveston RedDiscovery 3

Had the same problem (in a separate post) a few weeks back. The cable had come away from the latch. They replaced some component in mine which they say has an improved design to avoid this happening again. Left the car with them for a few hours. All fixed under warranty.

Post #3067675th Jun 2008 9:26 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Re: Tailgate won't open

maddogsetc wrote:
Mother-in-law had the car today and though I'm sure its not related at all Whistle the tailgate now won't open.

My mother came to stay and broke the inside handle off the D3.....................and two toasters and the pedal rubbish bin. Shocked
We still haven't got the satains out of the bedroom carpet. Confused Rolling Eyes
I don't think that she had to touch it necessarily. Whistle
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #3067695th Jun 2008 9:33 am
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Sounds like a broken cable. Happened to me. Censored to get to and fix. Job for the dealer

Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #3071086th Jun 2008 6:23 am
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

PCH wrote:
Sounds like a broken cable. Happened to me. Censored to get to and fix. Job for the dealer

Chris

No its not. Half an hour, tops Neutral Smile You will need a new actuator and latch assy. You may also need the associated trims if you break them... Thumbs Up

Post #3073256th Jun 2008 6:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kestrel

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

its not a broken cable, either the switch has packed up or the fuse has blown due to the machanism not working correctly, get it done uner warranty, takes 15 mins

Post #30880310th Jun 2008 10:40 pm
SN

even tough mine appeared to right itself, dealer did have a look and 'fixed' the switch - maybe something had come loose....
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #30883610th Jun 2008 11:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >