Page 2 of 2 <12
Daf

How do you do a hard reset?

Post #21263137th Mar 2020 8:13 pm
Sea Raider

https://www.disco3.co.uk/wiki/Hard_Reset

Post #21263177th Mar 2020 8:20 pm
Daf

Thanks for the hard reset info. Tried it and it didn't work. Switch still does nothing..
What I don't understand is that it was working perfectly up to the point I did the upper tailgate repair, so I must have pulled/stretched broken a wire? I could buy a new switch but they are £25-£30 a pop which is ridiculous. The other option is to bridge the wires but I'd have to cut them?

Pretty disheartened now that I've fixed the original fault only for another to rear its ugly head!

Post #21264768th Mar 2020 2:18 pm
Daf

So, this morning, the central locking has failed completely and I can't get into the car. Red light is flashing on the dash and I've tried both key fobs. SO, it could all be related to corrosion of the green wire connector under passenger side sill?

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/splice-wire...36084.html

Unfortunately I can't unlock the door using the emergency access. I'v done it in the past and know it's a pain to do but nothing as yet.

Any thoughts?

Anyone around the Blackwood, South Wales area know how to sort this out? Obviously some cash in it for you!

Post #212695210th Mar 2020 7:58 am
Daf

Managed to get in. Kept turning clockwise and pulling the handle. Car starts and car battery is fine.

First thing to try is to check battery charge and then disconnect it for 10 minutes for a factory reset?

AFter that, look for the connector in the wire. HOw do I remove the sill? Can't see any screws?

Post #212695410th Mar 2020 8:04 am
Daf

Managed to sort out the central locking issue I had due to the after market swimming pool that developed around the wring loom. Although that is fixed, I still haven't put it back together again due to damp.

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/central-locking-issues-187183.html

Never mind, onwards and upwards. Back to my lower tailgate issue. After fixing the upper tailgate issue by basically replacing every part, my lower tailgate stopped working at the same time. I thought I might have fowled a cable or done something stupid that caused it not to work. However, I wasn't in the mood to fork out £26 on the off chance the switch was a problem. So, to check, I cut the wires going into the switch, pared back the flex and touched them together. Nothing happened. I then put a multimeter from each wire in turn to a ground point on the car (boot lock). One read 0.00 and the other 11.70. So, not quite 12V. Could this be the issue? Not quite enough juice? I believe the switch is just a simple one that sends power to both actuators. Surely, if I have a voltage difference across both wires, when I connect them, the actuators should fire? Do I just touch the wires or do I have to hold them for a while? What's going wrong here?

Post #212736711th Mar 2020 6:38 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >