Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

SYSYEMS FAULT - SPECIAL PROGRAMMES NOT AVAILABLE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
batmanarc

Wales 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
SYSYEMS FAULT - SPECIAL PROGRAMMES NOT AVAILABLE

Hiya all is there a way to clear the code 'SYSTEMS FAULT - SPECIAL PROGRAMMES NOT AVAILABLE' ????

What a start to a week......... Big Cry

Post #24469814th Jan 2008 7:54 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SN

You need the D3 CTRL-ALT-DEL sequence

Turn off

Then repeat the following 5 times in quick succession with the ignition key

Turn from 0 to Position II then back again (without starting)
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #24470514th Jan 2008 8:10 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
unclebob

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

HI guys
Does the 5 x key operation clear all fault codes.

I have an on going HDC system inop fault which causes the suspension to drop. It has happened 9 times since Oct 07 and the dealers cant fix it. However, when they clear the fault codes the problem goes away for a couple of weeks then comes back. I am doing a lot of long distance touring and it would be great to be able to reset the suspension so that I can at least drive back to the dealer in comfort and safety. I am begining to despair that they will ever fix it. If you have any thoughts please do let me know

Post #24688717th Jan 2008 6:43 pm
Ajolious

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
HDC Fault

After 18K I was taking a bunch of friends and our bikes out for a day's blast near Exeter. I use a Pendle towbar mounted rack for 4 bikes that includes a fitted trailer board. After 2 miles I had a cascade fault: HDC, then TRANSMISSION, then SPECIAL PROGRAMS and finally SUSPENSION FAULT. The car dropped to low and I pulled over and stopped. I turned it off, counted to 10 then started up again. The fault had cleared so I carried on. A further 6 miles down the road the same set of events happened. With 30 miles still to go I pulled into some local shops and called LRA. 40 mins and 2 lattes later the guy turned up and plugged in his laptop.

We had a look down the diagnostics list and found a 'BRAKE LIGHT STILL ON' fault code. He did a reset to clear the fault and followed me the rest of the way; the fault did not reappear. Having changed a trailer board lamp the night before I managed to blow a fuse in the towbar fusebox and the brake lights stayed on until the short was sorted. It looks as if the fault stayed locked into the command system until he reset it.

It might be worth a quick call to LRA or a dealer to get a diagnostics check run on the fault codes to see if anything is still locked in. He did mention that some replacement lamps (Halfords) have a slightly different impedance that can also cause comms and bus fault errors in the system.

I was incredibly relieved to find that I had not suffered a catastrophic failure of the car's systems, just a basic I/O comms error. Phew!! Top marks to LRA for following me all that way to make sure everything was ok.
 AJ
Work to live don't live to work
07MY TDV6 SE Auto plus a few toys
Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert
17' of red Coleman plastic.. paddles not essential 

Post #24716918th Jan 2008 9:32 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >