Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Switching Remaps done by YOU the customer when ever you wish
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Switching Remaps done by YOU the customer when ever you wish

It will be a box that will enable you to control the state of your mapping, EG standard or tuned.
You will be able to choose when ever you wish what map you decide to use and program the car acordingly.

This is done with the box in the pictures below (prototype pictures) please give feed back on there looks Smile

Step 1 : Order B-A-S map switching programing module.
Step 2 : With the software provided installed on your PC you will choose your car model from the list in the software.
Step 3 : Program the B-A-S switching programming module with your car choice.
Step 4 : Remove module from PC and connect to the car OBD port , you will be prompted to press Y to read the ecu.
Step 5 : Re connect the B-A-S switching programming module with your PC and download the file.
Step 6 : Email me the file for tuning and modification.
Step 7 : Upload the tuned file to the B-A-S switching programming module with the PC software.
Now the B-A-S switching programming module will have 2 files inside it, STD & TUNED.
Step 8 : Connect to your car and program mod tuned file.

The advantage of this tool is that if you need to change the car back to standard or tuned at ANY time you have the tool to make this happen without having to travel back to your tuners workshop.

Once the B-A-S switching programming module is programed with the STD & TUNED files there is no longer a use for the PC.
You can change between maps as many times as you wish in the future.

This tool is available for Many models the Landrover range is:

Defender 2.4TDCI
Discovery 2.7TDV6
Rangerover 3.0L TD6
Rangerover 3.6TDV8
Rangerover Sport 2.7TDV6
Rangerover Sport 3.6TDV8
Freelander 2.0L TD4
Freelander 2 2.2TDI

EG Defender 2.4TDCI
Remap& Switch = 645GBP
Prices are subject to VAT @ at the current rate

Last edited by bellautos on 12th Dec 2008 10:22 pm. Edited 4 times in total 
Post #3165151st Jul 2008 11:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

What happens after a dealer visit that leads to an ECU flash with new software? Will the parameters that the customer would have read and sent to you to build the map have changed? If so, will reloading the original remap over the new software be the right thing to do?
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #3165192nd Jul 2008 12:07 am
bellautos

NoDo$h wrote:
What happens after a dealer visit that leads to an ECU flash with new software? Will the parameters that the customer would have read and sent to you to build the map have changed? If so, will reloading the original remap over the new software be the right thing to do?

If you are visting a dealer i would advise that you return the car to standard before you go,
If the dealer then makes a software update to your car and you try to overwrite it with the map you already have the tool WONT let you Smile

All you would do is errase the tool with the software on your PC and start from the loading process again, i will provide a new map for FREE bacause i will be able to see the chassis number inside the file so i would know it is for the same car Smile

Regards Pete

Last edited by bellautos on 2nd Jul 2008 12:21 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #3165212nd Jul 2008 12:13 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JMC

Scotland 

I'll be counted here, and it's an objective view with no malice intended.

Firstly, I've had a TurboChip from new, so that's my starting point.

Would I change my TC for this? No! What's the point when my TC aint broke. Confused

Do I like what I see? No! A bit of a faiground toy in the asthetics department I'm sorry to say. Shocked

Do I understand the point? Yes. I've said before I'd like a switchable map, but not in this way I'm afraid. Neutral

Well, you did ask........ Wink

I've no wish to pour cold water on a forum sponsor, but the action of paying for an advertising medium does not make for automatic sales of a product which (by your own admission) is still in the development stages.

If I didn't have a TC, would I go for this? No! There's a fair bit of work to go into it IMHO. Whistle

BTW, why would I want to go back to a standard tune? All I'd like is a sports/economy switch. The easiest way to do this is to adapt the standard tune to work in 'economy mode', and the 'sports tune' to come in only when the gear selector is moved left. Forget plug-in boxes and making people play with things they don't understand. Rolling Eyes
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #3165222nd Jul 2008 12:13 am
bellautos

Thank you for your answers and points JMC

re the asthetics department it does say prototype Smile the art is nothing to do with the tools capeability, as for the developement, that is done and final its the art that needs sorting and this is why ive not sold it already.

What you are wanting re the sports and econ tune is possibile with mapping , may be TC can make this happen.

Regards Pete

Post #3165262nd Jul 2008 12:20 am
JMC

Scotland 

Glad you have taken it constructively Wink

FWIW, I think you are about to offer a product to 'laymen' which will invoke them dabbling in the three 'C's that 'laymen' shouldn't play with......

Cars
Computers
Competence

Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #3165282nd Jul 2008 12:26 am
bellautos

Yup i will be taking comments in this thread constructively this was my main purpose to post on the forum.

I would agree with you totaly under normal conditions about laymens use of the tool.

In this case i would have to differ with my opinions and not just because im selling it lol.
This tool is bullet proof, if wont let the lame/usless user make a mistake as the software inside is made for ease of use ,so even my 7 year old son can use it with ease.

Only the basic PC skills are needed to use the software and if the end user has read this on a forum then they already have the skils needed to use this tool.

Basicly all you need is to be able to turn a pc on , load a cd and read and follow the instructions given.

The tool is aimed at people and customer who wish to have control over there mapping regarding its state of tune EG wife setting and him setting etc etc or return to LR for warranty work without having to go back to there tuner to have the car put back to stockjust because they have not told LR about there modificationof a remap,
and also customers that are not based in the UK nor can travel to a tuner local to them for remapping .

Regards and thanks pete

Post #3165312nd Jul 2008 12:36 am
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Our latest sponsor Evolve has already offered a switchable map (£175 for the switch) with the option to add a third map when developed.

What is the difference between the two ?

BTW... just playing devils advocate. I currently have no interest in re-mapping my D3, but I am sure members would be interested in knowing.

There is so much talk about re-mapping and confusion as to which is better performance wise as well as engine reliability long term.

Very Happy

Post #3165342nd Jul 2008 1:01 am
bellautos

The tool used has the exact same base design, i cant comment of the maps he has offerd i dont make them.

Regards Pete

Post #3165712nd Jul 2008 8:19 am
Pelyma

England 

I think the principle is very good, I'm sure I'm not alone in being convinced from the early days that remaping will make a good car even better. Many who have had their cars done, such as JMC have had reliable cars. However not all of us have his braveheart courage in taking a modified car to the dealers for servicing. I am sure there will be plenty that will pay the premium to have the ability to remove and replace the map - as long as you don't have to drive round with the box hanging out of the car!
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #3165802nd Jul 2008 8:39 am
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Ive had my car remapped now since new (its now 2years and 70K miles on). At first I was very unsure about getting it remapped and invalidating the warranty. I had a a merc E320 cdi before for 2 years and didnt remap that for the same reasons. I wish I had Big Cry .

My car has been into the dealer regulary for servicing and they have never noticed the remap. I can say this for certainn because everytime, the sales and service guys give me the keys to an RRS that has been chipped to go for a test drive in an attempt to sell me a TurboChip upgrade.

Ive had no problems and on the occasions the software has been upgraded ive just arranged to meet Turbochip and they have re-installed it (only twice and that was in the first 6 months when LR s/w upgrades were more frequent)

I would be handy however to be able to reconfigure the reamp myself for different driving styles ie, towing, motorway, power, economy

I'll definatly have the next D3 remapped and would recomend it.
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #3165842nd Jul 2008 8:48 am
catweasel

JMC wrote:
All I'd like is a sports/economy switch. The easiest way to do this is to adapt the standard tune to work in 'economy mode', and the 'sports tune' to come in only when the gear selector is moved left.
this is what would interest me if it were to be switchable and I assume that the map is not transferable to another D3 or is it?  
Post #3165892nd Jul 2008 9:01 am
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Personally I think it is a great idea, the customer has control over the maps and all the module is being used for is a medium to load parameters from your car send them to the "tuner" and then as a medium to load it back into the car.

As long as there are checks done during the download to ensure no corruption, then I can't see how it is any different to a tuner connecting his laptop and uploading a remap.

I assume the box gives you no option to change any parameters yourself other than which map your going to upload. The fact that you can quickly load in the standard map for warranty etc and for fault finding seems like a great deal for £200.

What would be a great addition is if you combined it with a simple OBD code reader, so that you could read fault codes and maybe reset the engine light if required. That would make it a very valuable tool.

As for the comments about the art on the box, to be honest it has little relevance to a product like this or it's function. It's not being sold as a lifestyle concept, best thing would be a basic black box with some logo's as it will offend the least people.

Only my take on it though as we develop some very similar products ourselves for the broadcast industry. The user update facility for us is becoming essential in an ever literate computer age.

Post #3165902nd Jul 2008 9:03 am
CFB

United Kingdom 

Is this similar to the 'BlueFin' product offered by Superchips? That seems a nice simple idea, plug in to the cars port to remap and again to wipe. No PC needed.
 2020 BMW X1 18d XDrive X-Line Auto  
Post #3166432nd Jul 2008 10:45 am
ChemicalJasper

2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Crying or Very sad

What I don't understand is why all these re-maps are so expensive!

Yes I appreciate that some development work has been done to work out the remaps, but then is it not just a case of selling the same old set of data time and time again!

There is no way that I can see how all these systems are so expensive Shocked

Rolling Eyes If you sold them for £150 - 200, you would still make a good profit and you may get more people interested who don't wish to shell out more than twice that.!

Additionally - whay have LR not set the ECU like this in the first place - what damage is being caused to the engine? - it must be increasing the wear else LR would have done it in the first place wouldn't they - like winding up the fuel and air on my old 200 tdi - yeah I get stacks more power (and clouds of black smoke) but that is probably why the head gasket blew early!

Whistle
 Don't worry..... it only seems Kinky the first time you do it!  
Post #3166442nd Jul 2008 11:02 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >