DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Suspension. Front down.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Maurand

United Kingdom 
Suspension. Front down.

Hi,
I hope someone may be able to throw some light on what's happening with my car.

For some reason my car (2005 SE TDV6) threw its dummy out when I brought it home from the MOT. HDC warnings, special programs off etc. It dropped onto its bump stops.
I managed to diagnose steering angle problems with a Foxwell but it's not capable of clearing the the fault and resetting the steering.

Now I wanted it off it's Censored so I jumped the compressor relay and the back has come up perfectly but the front by only a little. Now the car isn't going anywhere at the moment, I've had a bad fall and damaged my knee and can't get in never mind drive it, and also still needs to be registered in England but until DVLA gets a bit clearer I'm not sending any original docs like a French log book to get lost....

So there's a hard fault that I can't clear at the moment, yes I know GAP IID or take it to get it sorted but as I said it's not going anywhere. So can that hard fault stop the front coming up considering the fault is a steering one ?

Any advice would be gratefully received, thank you.

Post #216414328th Jul 2020 3:43 pm
highlands

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Do you have the 4x4 info screen, or does the Foxwell show steering angle.
If either you can do a 'good enough' reset by pointing the wheels straight ahead and physically turning the steering angle sensor collar (that is probably a bit loose and causing the issue anyway) until it shows 0deg.
 Black 05 TDV6 HSE Auto
Grey 05 TDV6 HSE Auto (Gone)
54 TDV6 SE Man (killed by me Sad

Post #216416728th Jul 2020 5:15 pm
highlands

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Oh, and if it's dropping to bump stops once it moves anywhere, but will get back to normal height when restarted (or hard reset - battery disconnect) then wait for it to go to normal level and pull fuse 26 IIRC.
 Black 05 TDV6 HSE Auto
Grey 05 TDV6 HSE Auto (Gone)
54 TDV6 SE Man (killed by me Sad

Post #216416828th Jul 2020 5:18 pm
Globetrotter448

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Possible front valve block problem. Sometimes the filter medium in the compressor turns to dust and manages to get around the system and stop valves closing etc. You could remove the pump and check the filter material etc.

Post #216424729th Jul 2020 5:32 am
Maurand

United Kingdom 

highlands wrote:
Do you have the 4x4 info screen, or does the Foxwell show steering angle.
If either you can do a 'good enough' reset by pointing the wheels straight ahead and physically turning the steering angle sensor collar (that is probably a bit loose and causing the issue anyway) until it shows 0deg.

Thanks for your reply. No there's no 4x4 screen and the Foxwell doesn't show steering angle degrees. The collar is solid, the first thing I checked when it wouldn't reset with the Foxwell. I need a Gap I know but right now I'm stuck with a damaged knee and can't play round with it any more. Not sure about dust in the compressor but again can't get under to pull it out. Fine at the beginning on June when it went for MOT then when the fault happened it naturally dropped. I'll try a hard reset again. Just hoping that a hard fault is stopping it coming up after all it's a steering fault so just maybe....

Thank you both.

Post #216427329th Jul 2020 7:26 am
Globetrotter448

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Air system (compressor) and steering are two different systems and do not affect one another

Post #216427729th Jul 2020 8:04 am
Maurand

United Kingdom 

I appreciate that but it still has a HDC fault logged on the screen and special programs off. So it will not respond to anything to do with suspension inside the car. Will not rise or lower which still makes me think that the hard fault is still the cause of the front down. The fact that the back has risen is good. But I can't do anything at the moment regarding pumps etc. Get get into the bloody thing never mind under it.

Post #216429229th Jul 2020 9:00 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >